What's new
What's new

[2] Bridgeport VMC 1000/22 1998 Heidenhain TNC 410

gustafson

Diamond
I bought this pair 9 years ago, ran them, made money, they both eventually developed problems that I couldn't overcome.

so they are for parts or repair.

Both are 40x20 machines

One has the extended Z travel

both are set up for CAT 40 but I have full BT40 tool carousels

6000 rpm
rigid tap
22 tools
linear rails

spindles were always quiet, both x axis growled

never used them for fussy work, but they never gave me a problem with accuracy
Eventually I will part out the good bits and scrap the iron, but if you have a similar machine it might be worth it for you

1 machine ran fine, all axis moved, spindle ran tool changer ran, but would not run a program with a spindle start in it[would pause blinking snowflake, no error forever]

pulled some drives and a motor off of it to try to fix second machine

second machine developed positioning error on y, would take time to fail, eventually no enough time to run it. bought replacement motor and drive, still didn't run

they are inside warm and dry

loading dock only access.

I'll get some pics

I find it attracts flakes to say free, so

500 bucks for the pair

Man. If it was closer and I didn't have 25,000 other things happening right now I'd be on this. Although Heidenhain is the only control I've never bumped heads with.

How soon do you have to move them out?

You inbox is full so you cannot receive any pms. Are you able to load the machines from the loading dock? Like is there a forklift available?

thats weird

I had like 26 messages in my inbox and no indication that it was full

I have a loading dock only

I have no forklift, but one could get delivered that could tug it on skates

I am guessing these machines are gone?

If they aren't... I could take them off your hands, I'm only a half hour away from ya. But I am sure someone snapped them up.

If they are gone - it sounds like you aren't much for electronics work. Feel free to hit me up if you ever run into issues in the future. I am not a magician when it comes to CNC machines, but I have 10 years doing professional software development, 15 years doing embedded electronics design with digital electronics and 17 years with my own shop and wrenching on my own machines, and I've fixed every problem I've ever run into (often with help or pointers from the factory). So if you ever run into a bind in the future, I am happy to help a local shop owner out, and maybe a reward of beer and pizza :)

Back