What's new
What's new

2 Mits Elec 520 controls, drives, servos with Mitsubishi V5b VMC

PeWiBo

Plastic
I am having trouble with my Mitsubishi V5b losing home position and I can't get it to "ready up". Rather than take the time to chase down the fault we have decided to take advantage of Sec. 179 and buy a new VMC this last week of the year. I bought this machine new in 1996 and a nearly identical one with a bad tool changer in 2007. We frankensteined them to make one good one and I saved the control and nearly all the moving parts so there is are spare servos, drives, boards, full headstock with spindle, the control cabinet with relays, breakers and cables and extras.

Makes a great stocking stuffer for someone trying to keep any machine with a 500 series control running.

$10,000 or offer.

please email me at [email protected] if interested. I am willing to part out if there's enough money in it.

IMG_0209.jpgIMG_0210.jpgIMG_0212.jpgIMG_0213.jpgIMG_0214.jpg

The new machine will be in next week. I'll take $3000/offer -- even for just the drives and servos.

If you were closer I would make an offer. Those are good machines with the standard RPM spindle. The 12K spindle machines ate spindles like mad though.

I had an MV4 a little older than that and we always joked it was made for tiny Asian children to operate because the table was so low to the ground and the control had a mode where it would talk to you. It could tell you to load the next part in Japanese iirc!

I paid $2k for mine with a bad control transformer. I fixed it for $300.

If this machine has the tool magazine inside the column you should mention that. These mitsubishis are crazy compact for the travels they have and that toolchanger is a big reason for how small they are. They take up surprisingly little room. My MV4 was a 5'9" square. Mits support for these machines is really good too.

Yes, this machine has the tool changer inside the column.

A couple years after I bought it new in '96 Mits called and said they'd like to schedule a day for some service -- they came up and popped in a brand new spindle with ceramic bearings and it's run like a charm ever since.

A little background: in '07 the guy who sold it to me told me he sold one the same month I bought mine and it seemed to be a lemon, the guy wanted to sell it cheap because he was always having trouble with the tool changer. I bought it it; it was like brand-new. We took the ball screws, servos and a couple of other items from his and put it into mine and it's run great for 10 years, but I have only so much room here and jumped at the chance to get something newer.

The rigger may be here Monday or Wednesday depending on how long the snow in Jersey tries up the truck -- I'd pay to have it loaded onto somebody's truck if they can get here. it's 10,000# plus a couple of pallets of spare parts.
Image (21).jpg
Image (19).jpg

Image (20).jpg

Also, in order to keep the footprint small, the base casting was used as the coolant tank. It was impossible to clean, so we took the tank from an upgraded GV-503 and modified it to fit on the side.

I just got confirmation that the rigger will be unloading my new machine 7am Wednesday, so I'd have him put this on a truck for a buyer.

Back