What's new
What's new

Anyone want a 2004 Fanuc Robodrill dirt cheap ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
4th axis capable, no TSC, 10,407 cutting hours and Renishaw TS27R tool setter. Location is Bronson, MI. I can put you in touch with the maintenance guy who told me it's in great shape. Currently in alarm mode due to removing 4th axis to send back to CAT, who owned that part of it. So parameter must be set to ignore 4th axis. (unless of course you have a Fanuc compatable 4th axis already...in which case, just plug 'er up and go ! )

If you can act fast, $22,500 plus whatever rigging from the auction cost. Here's a link to view it-

24 Fanuc Robodrill Alpha T21iD, CNC Drilling and Tapping Machine; Model A4B-8-B114#BB, Spin

Email me at [email protected] for the number of the maintenance engineer who knows about it.

I did this once before on PM years ago with a Matsuura VMC I decided was just too large to mess with at the time and the buyer was very happy with it. In this case the machine is not too large but I think I just overstepped my bounds a bit by buying two 2012 Brother drill taps as well...just too much iron to mess with right now...not enough space or time to clean that many.

original.jpg

Can you put me in touch with the maintenance guy? I bought 2 2010 with the robot in the cell :)
Sure, email me at [email protected]... super nice guy. I avoided those particular Brothers as the robot cells ones were the only ones used for milling, and had to have spindles replaced at some point. But I think they are fine now...new spindles...but when new spindles...dunno. He may know.

I bought 2 2010 with the robot in the cell :)
Going to give you a ring.
Btw, assuming you were on Bidspotter, did you experience the same thing I did where the bidding was shilled such that it looked a couple of times like I had been outbid but then magically I became the high bidder in the end regardless !

I could hardly tell what was going on via sound as there was a ridiculous amount of delay... like 5 seconds or more...between the web bidding and live bidding. Plus a couple of times I lost sound completely and just gave up on the audio anyway.

But it's a damn good thing I had sound for lot 128, which was advertised as a TC-S2D, but corrected by the auctioneer as a TCS2C ! Do not want a C model ! And yet I probably would have bid on it otherwise, as it was the only older one with under 10,000 hours.

(of course if I was paying proper attention I would have noticed the C in the photo of the front....but with over 20 drill tap centers it was just too much to pay attention to every one of them without being there)

Yes. That's how I won the cell. I bid $43500 and it showed I was outbid to $45000 and then all of a sudden came back and I owned them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. That's how I won the cell. I bid $43500 and it showed I was outbid to $45000 and then all of a sudden came back and I owned them.
They (wonder who the "they" is in this case, Bidspotter or Branford ?) are going to shoot themselves in the foot if they keep that sort of shennagins up. Would be fascinating to know what the folks onsite actually heard as the high bid at the time.

Still I'm happy with the end results as the items of interest went way lower than I expected, even with the insane 19% buyer premium.

It seems that any time that I follow an auction anymore that the auctioneer is 1-2 bids ahead of reality [apparently] hoping that someone will pipe up to take the inflated next bid and drive on, yet they get caught and hafta back up 3 bids WAY too often.

Honest/malicious?

I didn't see that flyer come around. (not that I'm buying...) but - did BPP close up shop completely?
I bought a continuous chip spinner system out of their old building when they built the new one - back in '97.
If they closed up completely - anyone know what their current spinner brought?

-----------------------------

I am Ox and I approve this h'yah post!

I found out early on to restore audio you had to close the window and login again. This new crap with them and asset sales hiding prices almost instantly after each item sells just makes me more likely to not bother with them.

How much did the Miyano's sell for at the auction?
As there were many Miyano's that is difficult to answer, other than to say they went higher than I expected. The newest more elaborate ones went in the $155,000 range (I'm including 19% BP in all figures, since that is the real cost after all), newish but less elaborate around $82,000. 2006 or so vintage w/15,000 hours and moderate features perhaps $40,000.

I didn't write any of those down so this from memory. Pick one out and I might remember what it went for.

Milacron

As there were many Miyano's that is difficult to answer, other than to say they went higher than I expected. The newest more elaborate ones went in the $155,000 range (I'm including 19% BP in all figures, since that is the real cost after all), newish but less elaborate around $82,000. 2006 or so vintage w/15,000 hours and moderate features perhaps $40,000.

I didn't write any of those down so this from memory. Pick one out and I might remember what it went for.

Milacron

In the beggining some of the machines went for damn near what a new speedio might cost after BP.

In the beggining some of the machines went for damn near what a new speedio might cost after BP.
I suppose but what does a Speedio drill tap center have in common with a Miyano high production turning center ? Suspect those Miyanos cost way more new than new Speedios.

I suppose but what does a Speedio drill tap center have in common with a Miyano high production turning center ? Suspect those Miyanos cost way more new than new Speedios.

I was just saying the machines in the beginning were selling pretty high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found out early on to restore audio you had to close the window and login again. This new crap with them and asset sales hiding prices almost instantly after each item sells just makes me more likely to not bother with them.
Re audio, yeah I know but I had to use my wife's Windows laptop just to get audio at all (normally use an iMac) and was afraid I'd screw up something during the window close not being that familiar with Windows 8.

(which is ridiculous as I use a Windows 10 computer at my shop but have never taken the time to completely figure it out)

Re the prices dissappearing within a microsecond of the bid ending....yes, that is EXTREMEMLY annoying. Heck, we might even get invoices for more than we bid and have no way to prove it. The secretary at Bradford could not even confirm what I paid on one item as she couldn't see the prices either. If I had know this I would have had the iPhone6 camera at the ready to take a screen shot each time....but have never done a Bidspotter auction before where the prices dissappeared immediately.

Milacron

Wow those Miyano's sold for a high value. Good I didnt go to the auction.

Does anyone know how much the Toyoda CNC ginders sold for?
Yes the Miyano's convinced me at first how glad I was I didn't fly or drive up there...well, no actually it was the metrology stuff at first...Mahr, Zeiss CMMs and other instruments went thru the roof high...then the Miyanos...so I figured hopeless at that point.

But then other machines, like the Brothers went quite reasonable. Some moderately larger turning centers, like Samsung, Daewoo went downright cheap.

Toyoda's..... wasn't paying close attention to those...but thinking in $35,000 range with BP. The Supertec CNC grinder (with display out and therefore no hours known) that looked nice seems like maybe $30,000 with BP.

Re the prices dissappearing within a microsecond of the bid ending....yes, that is EXTREMEMLY annoying. Heck, we might even get invoices for more than we bid and have no way to prove it.
Got my invoice already via email and cringed as I opened the PDF file. But they got the prices right so all is well....

Except they charged 22% BP rather than the 19% it is supposed to be if you wire in the money.... as if 19% isn't insane enough....but 22% is the rate if one pays by credit card.

good idea re: the phone to record things, though sad that I will need to resort to using an old camera phone or something to record these now just to keep track. I think there is some software that will record everything that goes on in a window, normally used for pc tutorials and such. I'll bet if you wired that 22% it would be a while till they refunded you that 3%.....

Back