What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Boss 5 CNC Mill for sale- Houston

swatkins

Titanium
Bridgeport Boss 5 CNC Mill for sale. I have the machine on craig's list at the typical craig's list pricing (5,100). Will give a better deal to PM members. Bridgeport Boss 5 CNC Mill - working and converted - tools - by owner - sale

I have converted this mill to run on single phase power. Head is a series two, 2 HP motor with a Quick Change tool mount. Spindle nut is worn but also included is a new spindle and master nut. Simple job to change.

Spindle is converted to run with a VFD and head has been converted so that VFD control takes place of speed change dial and speed is controlled via dial in that position. Electronics is now controlled by modern computer and electronics box that works on 110 volts.

Includes about 15 tool holders, Computer, monitor,spindle VFD, Mach3 operating system, extra spindle, extra bearings for motor, Can be seen under power. Machine is currently being controlled by BOB and drivers from my CNC router. Price includes that system. If you have your own control will take 750.00 off of the price.

Upper head has been rebuilt with new belts and bearings. Machine has automatic oiler and all the metering valves have been replaced with new ones and lines flushed.

Boss 5 Machines come from the factory with two large electrical cabinets. I have replaced all those boxes with modern ones and the machine now takes up the same floor space as a manual Bridgeport Mill. (To be honest I use the mill mostly as a manual mill, via the mouse, with all axis power feeds :D ) Will make a good hobby machine or learning machine and can easily fit into a garage shop.

Can load the machine on your trailer.

Pictured is the head and some parts made on the machine. More pictures tomorrow..

20141014_174753.jpg20160121_084103_resized.jpg

Back