What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Milling Machine wanted

No help, but just wishing you best of luck!

It's a used machine desert right around me, while people about 10hrs east of me tell me good Bridgeports are all over the place - "$1K US will buy a good one any day." Even with double the budget to numbers those Great Lakes folk throw around, I sure don't see much listed, unless literally in pieces. One person on this forum willing to give me an honest opinion wrote that I was either dreaming, drunk, or needed to double my budget again. The best I can conclude, if you're not in the right local, is that one either has to have money or patience. Hope you have at least one of the those three going for you! :cheers:

I have found the mother load, a deceased estate, it has thousands of dollars worth of extras but the problem is is that it’s 4000 kilometres away from me.
I’m trying to find a freight company that’s willing to ship at a reasonable price.
At this stage they want $3800 to ship from Perth to Sydney.

I have found the mother load, a deceased estate, it has thousands of dollars worth of extras but the problem is is that it’s 4000 kilometres away from me.
I’m trying to find a freight company that’s willing to ship at a reasonable price.
At this stage they want $3800 to ship from Perth to Sydney.
Here’s a photo of the machine

Attachments

• E4E34D34-1A03-4E6D-AC96-9953509C2BAD.jpg
    E4E34D34-1A03-4E6D-AC96-9953509C2BAD.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 187
No help, but just wishing you best of luck!

It's a used machine desert right around me, while people about 10hrs east of me tell me good Bridgeports are all over the place - "$1K US will buy a good one any day." Even with double the budget to numbers those Great Lakes folk throw around, I sure don't see much listed, unless literally in pieces. One person on this forum willing to give me an honest opinion wrote that I was either dreaming, drunk, or needed to double my budget again. The best I can conclude, if you're not in the right local, is that one either has to have money or patience. Hope you have at least one of the those three going for you! :cheers:

You are definitely right.
I was communicating with someone today that has one for sale at $8500 AU dollars.
That machine was manufactured in 1964 and the owner stated that it was rebuilt back in 1986 and has only been uses for hobby work.
I’m quite confident that this guy is suffering from pvc poisoning from smoking his pipe to much.

Back