What's new
What's new

Bridgeport price check isle 7 please

cb1

Cast Iron
Just missed out on a Bridgeport because I'm too cheap.

Anyway, a gov auction ended today with 5 Bridgeport mills all series I, I believe, and a couple had addition E series shapers on their backs. Pictue is the one I bid on. The site had poor pictures and descriptions.

$2247.00, 2215.00, 2655.00, 2500.00 and $2702.00 respectively. Keep in mind, these prices plus 12.5% sellers fee and WI sales tax. My max was $2500.00, so doing the math backwards, my max bid was for #2 at $2111.00 which worked out to be $2490 something. The auction has a 2 minute rule, but, I work nights and was sleeping when it played out, hence my max bid.

Also, just so you can keep track, a 1972 South Bend Fourteen went for $2800.00 + all the fees, etc.

These were at a technical school, so not sure if that is good or bad.

FWIW,

cb1

Attachments

• Bridgeport mill.jpg
    Bridgeport mill.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 331
I cant tell from the pic The condition. But from what I have seen for sale no matter what condition they were in
. They were priced cheap. If they are not complete junk someone could make money reselling them.

Mark

I say thats too much for an auction buy
you have no idea of the condition

That is why I bid my max and walk away, actually go to sleep. I thought $2500 was a lot, but they go for $3500 around here, or at least that is what they are asking.

I see a TREE mill on CL around here for $1800.00. May have to check that out.

As auctions go, I think those mills and the lathe went high.

cb1

You forgot to mention they have factory power feed.
School machines USUALLY have much less wear than job shop machines and are kept clean. Sounds like you may have been a little cheap, but then its an auction so pot luck on true condition.

Looks like seventies machines(door on the side), with 1.5 hp heads.....depending on the ways, might be barely usable for a drill press let alone a mill?
Mechanical condition is everything in machine tools, if you cannot at least get a picture of the ways don't bother!

Kevin

You forgot to mention they have factory power feed.
School machines USUALLY have much less wear than job shop machines and are kept clean. Sounds like you may have been a little cheap, but then its an auction so pot luck on true condition.

Unless they were donated from a job shop that wore them out before they got to the school, it is not that uncommon?

Kevin

Unless they were donated from a job shop that wore them out before they got to the school, it is not that uncommon?

Kevin

I saw that a couple of years back. Local high school about ten minutes away put a Bridgeport up for auction, only crappy pics from about ten feet away. I went to check it out and talk to the machine shop teacher, turns out it was a donation from a local shop and just totally wasted. And nothing you could see from the pics. They never even hooked it up, just tossed it up for auction as soon as it got on their shop floor. It sold for around $1500.

At least the ones in the OP's picture look like they were being used there.

Back