What's new
What's new

Can year old eBay listings be retrived somehow ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Need to relist a couple of items that went unsold over a year ago now. I usually have ad copy in email files just for such situations but can't find them this time. eBay copy vanishes after 90 days but I wonder if there is special request possibilities for them exuming old copy from the dust bin if I can supply actual auction number ?

I doubt it. They may keep backup tapes of past auctions, but I don't imagine they would go back too far. With the number of auctions they have in a month's time I am surprised they keep them listed for 90 days. Course when you make money like they do..........

I tried this once before for a listing and I couldn't drill down to the individual item. But, the Wayback machine does have quite an inventory of information so it might be possible.

It used to be you could go to your feedback but I think that's gone now also.

The last time I needed some information on a sold Item I wound up using my PayPal account to at least get the selling info.

Wonder if ebay would help?

Walter A.

Seems like Ebay clamped down on access to old listings when they started selling access to them as "Market Research". If you know someone with that access, perhaps they could get it for you.

Seems like Ebay clamped down on access to old listings when they started selling access to them as "Market Research". If you know someone with that access, perhaps they could get it for you.
I might be willing to pay to have that feature anyway for other reasons... any ideas on how much it cost and how to get onboard ?

I emailed ebay this afternoon with the question and received an answer tonight. It was basically what we already know. Since I am emailing from the address I use for buying they are looking at it from that viewpoint.

1. If over 60 days old use the feedback section to view the item.
2. If over 90 days old use PayPal (If PayPal was involved) to view some of the information.

I replied back with another question for over 90 days and paid by Money Order or Check was there any way possible. I'm not sure what response I will get but based on this and past times I emailed with a question eBay does answer quickly.

I for one have never had a problem that was left unanswered for over a day or two. The answer may not have been what I wished for but they do answer.

Walter A.

If you have the item number just search ebay for it, some are archived, some are not. I found a listing this week by using google for a model number of a servo motor I bought in 2011.

In the future you could try listing with turbolister. You can save listings there until you're truly done with them.

Greg

Back