What's new
What's new

CHEAP FS hurco KM1 / Bridgeport / Mach2 refit

jeffeosso

Hot Rolled
Greetings, I am selling my hurco KM1 km-1 +geckos, + pc - $2999

If you ever wanted a home CNC mill with PC control and kwik switch, this is the machine for you!

This is, in fact, a bridgeport series 1 varispeed j head 2hp/3ph (includes VFD) refitted by Hurco with 3 axis ball screws. It has been repainted to bridgeport grey. 42" table - kwikswitch 200 head - price includes various KS200 collets and holders, endmill holders, and which ever drill chuck i find

I have refited with USD encoders and machIII using a sound design breakout board and geckos drives - I have it working on a pc, included, as well as the power supply - I don't know if the mach II (or 3) license is transferable . This is all contained in a 1/2 rack - which is enclosed with door and wheels. As the power supply is home built, buyer assumes all liability and risk. PC is included, with montior (LCD).

Power supply is in a rack mounted chassis, using a toroidal transformer, and runs on 110v. I have run this machine continuously for 24 hours, during break in, to verify power. IIRC it can go over 100 ipm .. i think more, but I don't recall.

VFD is a drive warehouse rated for 3 HP

I used water tight conduit to run the wires, and those have used amphenol military connectors to bring back to the rack. quick disconnects, making it easy to move the rack.

I also have a project 4th axis, which is stepper driven and controlled via a gecko drive in the power supply, included

It all works, it is worth this price in parts alone, much less a good working machine - asking 2999 for it, cash
email for pictures jeffeossso at weaponsmith dot com or to schedule a viewing.

Machine DOES have grease, grime and some rust - there is still some frosting on parts of the ways. IIRC total backlash, mostly corrected by mach III but would be great with a repack/regrind (800-1500$ in Houston)

Last edited:

Back