What's new
What's new

Cincinnati 2MI

drom68

Cast Iron
IMG_1628.jpgIMG_1629.jpgIMG_1630.jpgIMG_1632.jpg

I have access to the Cinci mill pictured. I am not sure what the price would be,I am buying other items and this could be included.

I don't have the space or need for this mill. If anyone is interested, MAKE AN OFFER, I will pass it on. All he can say is no.

Located in Central PA.

Cost: Unknown, but he will need to sell it eventually. Make a reasonable offer.

Mill did run until the owner of the shop cut the wires. Wires are marked.

Approximate weight: 14,000lbs
Moving and pick up is up to the person interested. I will check and see if they can load.

I ran one of those (might have been that very one) and can say I ran were a real work horse. Hard to tell how big it actually is from the pictures and am only interested for nostalgia reasons, made tons of chips back then.
Dan

I ran one of those (might have been that very one) and can say I ran were a real work horse. Hard to tell how big it actually is from the pictures and am only interested for nostalgia reasons, made tons of chips back then.
Dan

I can only imagine the capability of this machine. All the axis move smoothly by hand. The motor and spindle easily turn. I am sure this thing can put some chips out by the bucket. Thanks!

Update to the machine, the PO scapped the machine. It is at a local scrap yard, no damage has been done to it. My buddy works at the scrap yard and called to let me know and asked how or what should be done with it.

Scrap value is going to be around $3500 and that is what it will take to have it loaded onto your trailer or Prius.

If there is no interest in the entire machine, does anyone need parts? I will take parts off as needed, box and ship.

If not, it looks like it will go into the big scrap bin in the sky.

How did they come up with that scrap price. Its heavy, but not that heavy.

Yup, I like people that own these machines, sit on them un-used for 20 years, then give a buyer 5 days or so to buy it, always with the threat of "sending it to the scrapper instead".

Scrap last month when I went was $190 ton for #1.

14,000 lbs /2200 ton is maybe $1300-$1500

What a beast ! If you look up the word "mass" in an illustrated dictionary, I'm sure there will be a picture of that mill.

Yup, I like people that own these machines, sit on them un-used for 20 years, then give a buyer 5 days or so to buy it, always with the threat of "sending it to the scrapper instead".

Scrap last month when I went was $190 ton for #1.

14,000 lbs /2200 ton is maybe $1300-$1500

Completely agree, but the PO told the guy what he thought it was worth. I could not get the PO to budge on price. What I told the scrapper, they sell for $500 so don't expect it to sell for $3500. If someone is interested, I'm sure you could get it for a reasonable price and I could convince the scrap yard to put the machine in a building until you pick it up.

If there is no interest, maybe someone needs parts and I can get those. Otherwise it will be destroyed.

It is now sitting outside and we know what that does to machinery.

Stoopid is, as Stoopid does....

BTW $190 a ton was for #1 scrap, IIRC that mill would have to be broken down
to make that higher price, so the scrap yard has to deduct for some labor.

Stoopid is as stoopid does is not relevant in this situation. The scrap yard value on the machine is scrap and not a pristine machine.

I hear you on the price, but they don't need to gently take it apart. They just use a giant magnet and smash their way to the individual parts or components. Then they grab and separate for further processing. Again, they are not gentle at this.

A big hammer takes too much time for them.

Back