What's new
What's new

Cincinnati No.2 Vertical AND Cincinnati Horizontal No.2 mills for sale + tooling

Lc_102

Plastic
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker and information sponge, first time poster. I have for sale a pair of Cincinnati milling machines located in Springfield Missouri that need to find a new home as I just don't have the room for them in my new shop. These two machines are beautiful, they both come with a Massive amount of tooling and included for the price is a Cincinnati dividing head that has to be one of the most well made piece's of equipment I've ever worked with. If it's ok with the moderators I'll post my craigslist add here to save some time and redundancy, perhaps that will answer more questions you might have.

Cincinnati Vertical and Cincinnati No.2 Horizontal Mills + tooling

My e-mail is [email protected] and phone number is 417-763-2224

Feel free to call, text or e-mail me at any time. Thanks, Lance

Bump

This is such a fantastic deal gentleman. If you have a place to just buy and store them you can sell them off on ebay over time for a Major profit. I just don't have it right now, I'd be sick to think what might happen to them if I can't find someone that would appreciate them. Pm me, E-mail me - Shoot me an offer

Sincerely, Lance

P.S. - If the wife complains you simply turn on the machine! problem solved :D

I'll do my best to get that information to you this afternoon, Thank you for inquiring.

Any recommendations that any of you might have as far as selling the machines or general opinions on the matter are much appreciated. I've been very fortunate to have the wealth of knowledge this forum presents at my fingertips.

You'll be lucky to get more than scrap value, especially for the horizontal. Sorry to break the news, but $4k is way too high. The market value is nil, and the size of the market is nil, which is not a good combination. As cool as the vertical would be to play with, it would cost a relative fortune just to move it.

I understand the pessimism, I really do. Good news is we rig in our general area, the large machine will be gone Wednesday morning, and the horizontal has gotten the most attention. It's the little auxiliary piece everyone wants to go in their shop next to their Bridgeports.

These machines can be had heartbreakingly cheap, if you have a way to move and store them, there is actually money in them. Frankly I don't care about that, I love the machines.

The 4,000 mark is with the dividing head. They in my humble opinion are the most well made dividing head's of that era available. In it's condition it brings a thousand on eBay before being shipped, The plan is for it to go NOWHERE. I wish to keep it.

In business, work and in general there is nothing more valuable than frank honesty. However with the "there's a will there's a way" engineering portion of my brain driving things the one thing I honestly find lacking sometimes is the inspiration.

If the gear cutters happen to not go with either machine, I'd be interested in a lot purchase for the right price.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

You'll be lucky to get more than scrap value, especially for the horizontal. Sorry to break the news, but $4k is way too high. The market value is nil, and the size of the market is nil, which is not a good combination. As cool as the vertical would be to play with, it would cost a relative fortune just to move it.

What he said..................................

Sold

Sold Everything (Minus the tooling I cherry picked) for $4,500 to two separate buyers.To be honest they got amazing deals. For future seller reference, Thanks Guys

I was actually offered three times what I sold the big machine for two days later, if only I'd had more time to allow them to be stored. Don't let the nay sayers scare away anyone trying to sell their equipment, if I didn't know better I might think some people around here are rooting for others to fail.

I was actually offered three times what I sold the big machine for two days later, if only I'd had more time to allow them to be stored. Don't let the nay sayers scare away anyone trying to sell their equipment, if I didn't know better I might think some people around here are rooting for others to fail.

Perhaps we're all a bit jealous. The price you got was many many times what they're worth. My hat's off to you. Maybe you should consider becoming a used machinery dealer.

Thank you very much for the kind reply Larry, I really do value this forum and appreciate what everyone's trying to do here. I'm trying to get some land I can put up a good storage facility on, as I know a guy who does excellent rigging. The problem with the machines is that Everybody LOVES them and everybody wants one (at least). When you go to auctions you can see guys drooling over them until the alarm bells of the wife's thoughts about it start running through their head lol.

Like others have said there is a market, but it's very limited to people who wish to do this in their free time with equipment that can do professional work, and it's limited of course in moving the machines. I'm surprised how well people do selling them online and freighting them. If a person had the space to put them and maintain them while they had time to properly advertise and sell I think a person could do alright. It ALWAYS kills me to see some of these things go so cheap at auction, and to people who may not appreciate them.

Since I'm downsizing I'm thinking about picking up a little CNC mill drill for light duty kind of work, something I could use to really cut my teeth on CNC wise. The little asian machines may not be the best quality, but considering you can rebuild it more heftily with itself, well... that just sounds kind of fun to to me. I restore vintage cars as a hobby and the machine tools are priceless, I've just recently gotten my south bend heavy ten where I want it and now I'm itching to tear it down and restore it haha.

Back