What's new
What's new

Cincinnati O. D. Grinder

gear cutter

Cast Iron
Hello, I have a nice Cincinnati plain O. D. hydraulic grinder 10" X 18" Model ER. The machine is very good condition. I bought it for a job that has run it's course. I am reorganizing my shop and the grinder does not fit what I do. I would like to sell it to a P. M. member. I will accept any reasonable offer. I have 2 new wheels in the original boxes that go with it. If you need any more information or more pictures please let me know.20180416_145012.jpg

Plain?, not a universal? That looks like a work table angle adjustment on the right side.
Table traverse was usually two speed. Pull the handwheel out for coarse travel. Common on the 12", 14" and up sizes.
Automatic infeed and spark-out still work? If not, the solenoid is behind the pick-feed cover on the right.
What is hanging on the left side just below the wheel head and work head start buttons?
Nice grinder, John

I called Cincinnati and they stated it was a plain hydraulic grinder mfg. 1942. Yes the table is adjustable for angle grinding. The box is a speed controller. Auto infeed and spark out worked when the machine was in operation for us. It should still be fine. It's been disconnected for a while.I bought it from a repair shop and the owner took good care of his machines. I didn't have any problems with it.

Back