What's new
What's new

DoAll V36 bandsaw and 4 new Starrett bimetal blades

hawkfan9

Hot Rolled
Selling my V36. 3 phase, 220V/440V motor in good running condition. I need space in my shop, and don't use this enough to justify the space it consumes. Speedometer does not work. Saw cuts and runs great.

4 new Starrett blades included (in Starrett box)

I can load you at this end. Pick up at my shop in Crystal Lake, Illinois. If you want to arrange shipping, I can load a truck with forklift at this end, but you must arrange.

$1500 obo

V36.JPG

Last edited:
Selling my V36. 3 phase, 220V/440V motor in good running condition. I need space in my shop, and don't use this enough to justify the space it consumes. Speedometer does not work. Saw cuts and runs great.

4 new Starrett blades included (in Starrett box)

I can load you at this end. Pick up at my shop in Crystal Lake, Illinois. If you want to arrange shipping, I can load a truck with forklift at this end, but you must arrange.

$1500 obo

View attachment 228215

How bout the K&T sitting next to it. Looks to be in a nice clean condition. Any additional pics of it?

Not selling the K&T yet, which is a 2K universal with the high speed head.....fully restored. A search with my name should yield a thread on it from several years ago. This thread is about freeing up some space in my shop and selling the V36.

I'm pretty shocked that not one person on this forum is interested in this saw. I have always thought they were one of the best ever metal saws around, and this is the big bad boy on the block.

Price drop to $1200.

I'm pretty shocked that not one person on this forum is interested in this saw. I have always thought they were one of the best ever metal saws around, and this is the big bad boy on the block.

Price drop to $1200.

Unfortunately most people either don’t have room or need a saw with a 36” throat......it seems the 20” inch saws are more desirable than the 16” or the 26” saws, IMHO?

It seems with the popularity of plasma, water jet and lasers, the demand has just about bottomed out for saws of this size?

I have a 16”, 20” and two 36” saws......I use the 16” saw most often, in fact if I can find a 16” DoAll carcass, I will swap the parts from one of the 36” saws?

I think that’s a great price on your machine though, if someone is on a budget that would make an excellent first saw!

Good luck on the sale.....

Kevin

Hawkfan9, unsure if the saw you have can be used as a two wheel bandsaw like the newer models, if it can you may want to post the info?

Kevin

It's a 3 wheel saw. Never heard of converting one to a 2 wheel saw, and wouldn't understand why you would even want to. Works perfect as it is designed.

Two identical twin 36" contour saws sold on ebay in the last 60 days. One for $3950, and one for $3450. Maybe one of these is the saw you speak of.

I think my asking price of $1200 is a steal, especially after the rare times I use the saw. They really are well made saws that cut metal very well. $500 worth of brand new blades doesn't hurt either.

Somebody needs to come and get this soon......no rigging needed. I can load at this end.

It's a 3 wheel saw. Never heard of converting one to a 2 wheel saw, and wouldn't understand why you would even want to. Works perfect as it is designed.

DoAll did it on the newer 36” saws, had guarding for the conversion as well. It converted the saw into a 16” bandsaw, that way blades were cheaper and so were the file bands.....unsure when DoAll started it?

Kevin

There's no mention of a conversion in the manual for this saw posted on the vintagemachinery.org website, so that must be on newer models only. I found the info on the contour saw pdf of a manual that mentions this exact saw.....V36.

Wish I had the money...

Don’t give up hope.

Post on Craigslist.

Illinois is a large state, what’s the closest town?

On edit: Oops! “ Crystal Lake, Illinois”.
Wikipedia says: “Crystal Lake is 45 miles northwest of Chicago”

I’ve got no problem with dealing with three phase, but others do.

If/when it’s posted on Craigslist, offer the option of installing a VFD for additional $1000.

Convenience has a cost, and so does skill.

You might be surprised at the increase of responses if/when you offer VFD installation.

Good luck!

My 1940 36" model runs either the 16 two wheel or the 36" three wheel option.
If you look down between the tables you may see a bracket for the blade guide and guard to bolt to. There is no big modification that needs to be made. That's why it has two tables. Its just a matter of bolting on a guard and guide.
It may help it sell knowing this. Although I don't see the need unless its saving money. Especially if using it as a filer. That's obsolete. The files are becoming non obtainable

Back