What's new
What's new

F/S. Harlingen HC 8 Station turret lathe. 1250.00

jljim

Cast Iron
F/S. Hardinge HC 8 Station turret lathe. 1250.00

I bought this at the ARO manufacturing plant sale a couple years ago, it's been stored since the sale. It is wired for 460v operation. With the 2 speed motor, it can't be easily reset for 230v. The handle for the cross feed is very slightly bent, dosen't affect the operation of the feed screw or bind the dial. The feed motor for the cross slide has some electrical issue, the brush holders get hot after a few minutes of run time. This was 1 machine in a group of 4 that were all running parts. I talked briefly with the machinist and he said it was all good, hoped it was going to a good home. I have had the lathe running every couple months to keep the belts and variable speed in good condition, everything in the plant was very well maintained. Forklift accessible loading is free. If you have any use for this, make me an offer please.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Added pic's

This pic was taken in the plant, there were 2 HC's and 2 59's if I remember correctly. All arranged in a nice square with lots of tooling neatly stored in Lista's. 3 day sale with 3 auction rings, sad, sad day indeed. ARO was bought out by Ingersoll ( I think) The plant was still running production when the parent company surprised everyone and announced the closure. I brought the Monarch home from the sale also, it's NOT for sale.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 75

Back