What's new
What's new

Monarch 10EE FS

jpevner

Stainless
Well, this was a fun project lathe, but it is time. This is a 42 round-dial 10EE with the original M-G drive. It comes with 3-jaw, 4-jaw, faceplate, steady, follow, 5c collet nose, elsr(round-dial variant)and taper attachment.

The machine is in pretty good condition. While you can detect wear by tightening the carriage, and moving it to the right, there really are no wear ridges on the bed that can be seen.

The leadscrew is very good, the compound screw is good, but the cross has about 35 thou slop. I have a screw from another , newer monarch that isn't directly usable, but the threaded section is very good.

I don't think the coolant works, but every other function works fine. I have a spare coolant motor (I don't use coolant anyway).

Some of the trim pieces/info plates are off the lathe, I was polishing them but didn't get to it. I don't think I have them all.

Naturally, I would prefer someone who can come and get it, but I would be willing to consider shipping on a pallet. I don't want to make a crate.

It runs off of three-phase, I have a 10 hp converter and it does fine.

The Aloris AXA piston toolpost does not come with it, but I might sell it for extra, as I am expecting a new, even better project which probably would be too big for AXA

Price $2750

regards,

Jon P.

So....

Attachments

• monarch1.jpg
    monarch1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 3,078
  • monarch2.jpg
    monarch2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 3,980
  • Monarch3.jpg
    Monarch3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 893
Deposit taken on lathe

Guys;

Looks like the lathe is sold. I will re-open if something falls through.

Thanks for the interest.

Jon P.

Back