What's new
What's new

FREEBIE- Hand crank forge fan

Farmer Mike

Aluminum
If someone wants this old hand crank fan for a forge you can have it. Bad part is that it won't turn. I'm sure if it was disassembled and cleaned up it would work fine. Its heavy so I'm sure shipping would be pricey.

DSCF4109.jpg

Farmer Mike,
Check with your local chapter of ABANA (American Blacksmiths...)
I'm sure they would love to have it. Lot's of great folks in that organization and I'm sure someone would restore it to working condition. These are very valuable for coal fired forging. When they are working you can crank them up and they will keep spinning and blowing for some time. Our local blacksmith's guild has several in the shop and they work great.
All the best
Michael Moore

Thats a champion 400 blower( built in my neck of the woods) and is the best hand crank blower out there. Worth about $150 cleaned up- read that as oiled up and running.

Sean

Thanks for the info guys. Well this morning was the final day for the scrap guys here at the ranch. I pulled it off to the side and was going to give it to someone who could use it. A guy that just was hired by the contractor to repair our barn saw it and offered dad $125.00 for it. Dad let him have it for free. I have some other stuff also that I've never seen used. I will go get some pics of the other stuff.

I know this post is quite old, but wondering is you still have the items listed.
Thank-you
Denny

Back