What's new
What's new

Freshly rescraped 48 inch bridgeport for sale (central ct)

Downwash77

Plastic
Freshly rescraped 48 inch bridgeport, step pully head, this machine meets or exceeds factory accuracy, x axis screw and nuts are new, Y axis screw and nut like new (.004 backlash), all new belts and bearings in head including spindle bearings, possibly the quietest head you will ever hear, freshly and properly repainted, it works as good as it looks, $6500 thanks. Jason 860 840 1005 I can text all the pics you want.

first post an ad, no pics.

this doesn't hold much water around here.

"Downwash" is at least a good username for what your future looks like! :D

first post an ad, no pics.

this doesn't hold much water around here.

"Downwash" is at least a good username for what your future looks like! :D

It looks like a new bridgeport (grey) assuming you have ever seen one, for anyone able to operate a cell phone I will text pics.

Welcome to the forum

There's a specific forum for selling machinery where you will want to post this (assuming it doesn't get moved by a moderator). Commercial posts in other forums are not allowed with very specific exceptions.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/machinery-for-sale-or-wanted/

I'd suggest reading through the stickies at the top of the forum along with some other for sale ads. Selling things is restricted to participating members of the forum. Joining just to post a for sale ad is frowned upon and won't last unless you start participating in other ways that add value.

Things will go better for you here if you try and get a feel for the forum. This ain't craigslist.

Welcome to the forum

There's a specific forum for selling machinery where you will want to post this (assuming it doesn't get moved by a moderator). Commercial posts in other forums are not allowed with very specific exceptions.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/machinery-for-sale-or-wanted/

I'd suggest reading through the stickies at the top of the forum along with some other for sale ads. Selling things is restricted to participating members of the forum. Joining just to post a for sale ad is frowned upon and won't last unless you start participating in other ways that add value.

Things will go better for you here if you try and get a feel for the forum. This ain't craigslist.

Thank you very much, Im obviously new to this site and couldn't find a classified section, now I know and have no excuse to have it misplaced, thanks again!

And to continue the piling-on...
Newb wrote: "...for anyone able to operate a cell phone I will text pics." Anyone able to operate a computer can post pics. And I don't need to tell you my phone number in order to see pictures of what you're trying to sell, in which I may or may not be interested. And putting your phone in plain text on the internet probably leads to some interesting results... That probably wraps it up for now.

Did you do the scraping? Post up a thread teaching about how you rehab and scrape. Lots of pictures, show you know what you are doing, and then maybe I am interested.

Freshly rescraped 48 inch bridgeport, step pully head, this machine meets or exceeds factory accuracy, x axis screw and nuts are new, Y axis screw and nut like new (.004 backlash), all new belts and bearings in head including spindle bearings, possibly the quietest head you will ever hear, freshly and properly repainted, it works as good as it looks, $6500 thanks. Jason 860 840 1005 I can text all the pics you want.

photos added

Attachments

• 20171230_202127.jpg
    20171230_202127.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 376
  • 20171230_201750.jpg
    20171230_201750.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 337
  • 20171230_201729.jpg
    20171230_201729.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 342
  • 20171230_201648.jpg
    20171230_201648.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 353
  • 20171230_201140.jpg
    20171230_201140.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 361
yes I did the scrapeing, I will post photos and details about the process within this week, thanks:)

Yes i scraped it myself,I will give details of the process and photos within the week, thanks:) -Jason

The top of the table has been scraped parallel to the bottom of the y saddle surfaces so so no need for me to run it on top of the table.

I can't figure out how Richard's post was deemed deserving of the Wrath of Monarchist. Sure seemed like valid, valuable questions to be asked... :confused:

Just that the door’s slammed shut while the horse dissappears over the horizon.

No dog in this fight. I enjoy both their posts for different reasons.

I have Bill on ignore 1/2 the time anyway. No big deal...he has as much influence to me as a gnat flying around my hat in the summer. He is just another member like the rest of us.

I though that the questions both Richard and the other members (who, I bet, weren't more interested in buying the mill than Richard himself) were more than legitimate, significantly less hostile since Downwash77 started providing information and could have even resulted in verifying that this machine was indeed properly rebuilt.

I find Bill's attitude rather hilarious: practically everywhere else he expresses his dislike for such an inferior piece of equipment like a "bee pee" and here behaves almost like a used machine dealer upset with a customer that suspects a machine just received a paint job and some flaking.

I suggest Downwash77 to provide the tolerances he has measured after the machine has been rebuilt, briefly describing the measuring procedure. This would be the best commercial for selling his mill.

I suggest everybody to drop their baggage and stick to what is being discussed showing some professionalism and avoiding personal fights.

Thanks!

Paolo

Back