What's new
What's new

FS: 16" Walker Turner Wood/Metal Band Saw

Rick_B

Stainless
I bought this saw a number of years ago and put it in the rat hole without doing anything to it. Then I moved it from NY to NC - and put it in the rat hole without doing anything to it. In an effort to focus on projects that are additions versus duplicates I have decided to sell this band saw. I am far from an expert on these machines but as far as I can tell everything is present and accounted for. Everything seems to turn/move as expected however I have not had it running and can't testify to the gear box condition.

I took a close look at it for defects and found a few issues:
1. Three of the four ears on the base where the top attaches to the base are cracked. It looks like a previous owner fabricated some steel bars that go under the ears to provide better support for the attachment bolts.
2. The lower blade guide has a slit in the back that appears to be sawn (not cracked) - not sure if this is how they came or PO abuse.
3. There is a crack in the table tilt casting

Other than that I couldn't find anything else worth noting. The last six pictures show the problems noted above.

The machine comes with a Rockwell 1 HP 3 Phase, 1725 RPM motor which I have tested and it works. The motor, table and trunions were removed for moving and never put back on.

Broken base ears and support bars

Cracked table tilt casting

Lower blade guide

I'm asking $750 for everything - as usual I am open to reasonable offers. I can deliver within 3-1/2 hours of Winston Salem NC for a negotiated fee.

Thanks for looking
Rick

Back