What's new
What's new

FS: Cincinnati Milacron, Bridgeport and other CNC machines, Shop downsizing in CT.

paul borner

Plastic
We just recently bought a manual mill and lathe and set up a shop in our garage in NY. I have used P.M. as a general information source in the past but only registered recently. We plan on using this site more frequently in the future especially since we will be machining regularly in the near distant future.

Now the shop we bought our machines from has downsized and does not have room for all their CNC machines in their new place. We got involved to see to it that the machines would find a good home because the shop owner is way too overwhelmed with his move and was very good to us. The landlord is putting a deadline on us to clean out the shop. All the machines are located in all places but Bridgeport,CT, right around the corner from the original factory. We realize that we are not familiar enough with these machines to determine their value, so we are leaving it up to the forum to do so.

Cincinnati Milacron Sabre 500 CNC Mill - Fanuc System GE Series O-M - I'm guessing 20+ years old.
This is the largest of the machines and probably weighs over 4 tons. This machine was being used when I first stepped into this shop a few weeks ago. A brand new axis motor was just recently installed. The machine would come with a 4th axis that I have a picture of.

Bridgeport Series I CNC Mill - table is about 32" - This uses the older Boss type programming. Could be 30 years old. This machine is built solid and is all together but from what I hear the programming is not user friendly.

Tsugami Mercury CNC Lathe with live tools- Type NU4B #8511 - Fanuc System 10T - There is a broken housing on the front of the machine that has to do with the coolant system. Otherwise the machine is in working condition.

Another Tsugami CNC Lathe is available for parts: Type NM4A #4015. This machine is very similar to the one above with exceptions to the live tools.

Methods Machine Tools #300 CNC Lathe - SL-1 Mori Yasnac Type ENCM - Late 70's Model.

Fadal VMC 15 - Model 914-15 serial #9509900 Year 1995- This machine has a broken spindle.

There is a running Hyster forklift on site also available.

The building the machines are in is not at ground level. Everything must be removed off a loading dock.

Call Paul @ 203-858-1620 or E-mail [email protected]

Cincinnati.jpgBridgeport.JPGTsugami NU4B.JPGMethods Machine.jpgFadal.jpg

Peace.

Last edited:
You've got an uphill battle to sell those machines. I would think all the lathes are worth $.05/lb. What do you mean by broken spindle on the fadal? Is the drive broken or the actual spindle?

We removed the prices. The value of these machines should be determined be the people who know them best.

The problem is that only the Fadal and maybe the Cincinnati have any value. The lathes and that Bridgeport will cost more to move than they are worth in scrap.

Back