What's new
What's new

FS - Cincinnati Slotting Attachment

ewlsey

Diamond
This is a Cincinnati Toolmaster slotting attachment. As far as I know, this is functionally equivalent to the Bridgeport slotting attachments.

It works. I have used it. Tool clamp is there. It has a V type clamp designed to hold round shank slotting tools just like the Bridgeport. 4" maximum stroke. The stroking part can swivel 360 degrees to cut any angle you want. The tool clamp also swivels a few degrees if needed.

This was originally designed to clamp on the dovetail ways of the ram on the Toolmaster mills. It has an adapter to clamp in the round lug at the back of the ram. It is mounted to a Lagun FTV-2 in the pictures.

3 phase. It has a drum switch that is a little beat up, but does work. The heaters are missing though, so you will need a proper motor heater/starter to safely use it (or VFD I guess).

There should be some kind of tool with a small gear on the end to adjust the stroke, but it is missing. It's not hard to adjust without it. A replacement could be made pretty easily.

$600. I can ship via freight if required. Local pickup in East Peoria, IL would be better.

Contact me by email at [email protected]

IMG_1181[1].jpg

IMG_1182[1].jpg

IMG_1183[1].jpg

IMG_1184[1].jpg

As someone that owns a Bridgeport one, I would say that yours is priced well. The problem is more that the market is somewhat limited and most people don't understand their usefulness. ( or limitations ) I'd go farther enough even to say that yours is likely more desirable than an actual Bridgeport one, for being much more robustly constructed. Likely, you'll simply need to keep it on a shelf or otherwise out of the way, but keep reminding people that you have one for sale. The right person will come along. Unless you just have to have the space back, right now...

Nah, it really doesn't take space, which is most of the beauty of the thing. But, I have bought a stand alone shaper (I know :dopeslap:) so this thing is redundant.

Just looking for feedback.

Nah, it really doesn't take space, which is most of the beauty of the thing.

Not like a bar feeder, anyway... :rolleyes5:

But, I have bought a stand alone shaper (I know :dopeslap:) so this thing is redundant.
Just looking for feedback.

LOL. Don't expect condemnation from me. I _love_ shapers. Absolutely hated to sell mine. But with a WEDM and a Bridgeport slotting head, the space was more valuable at the time. We are starting to discuss looking for a building in the next year if things keep on the trend they have. If we do you can bet that I would have no hesitation at having another shaper. They're just too handy. Well, that and my soft spot for them... :rolleyes5: :D

Dumb question, but can it do more than keyways, assuming someone doesn't have a rotary indexer?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That's in the neighborhood of what I would charge for mine, if I was selling. And it's the standard one, that only fits on Cincy dovetails. Adapter is nice.

Chip

This thing is long since sold. I still get an email about once a month asking about it. I thought I had posted it was sold, but I guess I forgot.

Back