What's new
What's new

FS: [CT] Hardinge DV-59 Lathe $400 Local Pick-up Only

trevelyan

Plastic
I came across your site via a google search when I was trying to get a Hardinge Lathe I acquired up and running. After much research, its beyond my skill set and ability to get this item powered in my residence as well as acquire the missing parts (Turret and Chuck) to get this working. I have for sale a Hardinge DV-59 lathe. I know very little about the unit and would like to sell it. Ive attached images of the lathe for sale. I hope this can go to a good home or be used for parts for another DV-59 owner.

IMG_3382.jpgIMG_3383.jpgIMG_3386.jpgIMG_3387.jpgIMG_3389.jpg

If anyone requires additional photos, please feel free to ask. I do not have the ability to lift this or deliver it. Lathe would need to be picked up locally in North Central CT area. Its currently on 2 dollies which can be maneuvered around.

Thanks

Chuck

This looks like a really nice machine. If I did not have the same one (or nearly the same) in my shop right now,
I'd be driving to look at it right now. Heck the toolmakers compount mounted on it is nearly worth your asking
price alone.

However - the chuck this machine uses is a standard hardinge taper unit. It takes the most common collets
in the universe, right in the spindle. You can power it from a variety of options based on your residential power
service in your home.

I can understand if you simply want to sell it. But if your goal is to have a working lathe, you're about 85 percent
of the way there, right now.

Thanks for the info. I think I bit off more than I could chew with this acquisition. I was on the high school robotics team 15-20 years ago and spent a good portion of my time spinning parts for it. Back then I had always wanted one of my own. The machine in that shop seemed much simpler than this one. Once I go this home and placed in the garage and researching more about it, it seems a bit overkill for what I wanted to do. Then looking up used tools for it and figuring out how to power it, seemed id have to put in a lot more to get it to where I'd be happy with it. For robotic hobby work, it doesn't see to be cost beneficial.

This looks like a really nice machine. If I did not have the same one (or nearly the same) in my shop right now,
I'd be driving to look at it right now. Heck the toolmakers compount mounted on it is nearly worth your asking
price alone.

However - the chuck this machine uses is a standard hardinge taper unit. It takes the most common collets
in the universe, right in the spindle. You can power it from a variety of options based on your residential power
service in your home.

I can understand if you simply want to sell it. But if your goal is to have a working lathe, you're about 85 percent
of the way there, right now.

100% plus, actually. There's even a rack of 5C in the cabinet. If it fell through my rabbit hole, there's even enough Hardinge 4-ways, toolholder blocks, and such adapted to my 10EE to back-out and fit to it. Even a freed-up Hardinge spindle backplate or two.

I'd guess all he needs and does not already have SHOWING is an RPC, and a small one at that.

Back