What's new
What's new

FS: Gorton P1-2 Pantograph Engraver $500

rustygreen

Aluminum
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a good home for this P1-2 Gorton pantograph, serial #42115. It's a nice machine but now that I have a CNC mill it's not earning its keep. Supposedly this came out of a local company that made aircraft instrument panels.

Includes: 2 nice complete font sets, one serif and one sans-serif. Clamps for the font table. 2 machine lamps. An assortment of cutters and blanks. 5/16" collet, micro chucks and bushings for 1/4" shank and taper shank cutters.

If you have access to a 3D printer, you can make quick templates for anything you want. Just sayin!

$500, for pickup in Waltham, MA 02452.

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

I still have this pantograph. Shipping it is more than I want to deal with.

Price is now free for the machine, I'm going to start selling off the fonts and tooling and the machine will be scrap in a week or two if nobody has a place for it.

I picked up the pantograph and accessories last week, at a price I think we both thought was fair. Ryan proved to be a great guy, and a first class machinist. He has a couple of other machines that may prove surplus to his needs, and I'd highly recommend giving them a look should he offer them here. He takes great care of his tools, and is honest about their condition.

Loading wasn't much fun, as it was a miserably hot and humid day and I was just getting over a virus. That, with a new no-carb keto diet, knocked my strength and wind for a loop. But all went well.

Thanks again, Ryan.

Good luck with it, looks like a nice one. Having moved a lot of machines, I rate the pantograph as one of the most dangerous to move. Really top heavy and the arms always seem to pinch someone.

Back