What's new
What's new

FS Hybco model 1100 grinder with tooling

demoj21

Stainless
I have for sale Hybco model 1100 grinder. This grinder is for sharpening taps, and other tools. I got this machine in a package deal and have no need for it. The grinder includes 33 5c collets made by tap k which are special sizes for taps. It also has 2,3,4,5,6 plates for different flute numbers. I powered the grinder up and it runs, but I am sure it will need tlc. I am looking for $650.00 picked up at my shop, or $750.00 bolted to a pallet for a shipper of your choice. Any questions let me know and I will try and answer. Machine is located in southern Il. 62806. Thanks Jason

URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pmWtzJCmj]
WtzJCm.jpg
[/URL]

New price, $550. picked up here at my shop, $650.00 put on pallet to ship. Thanks Jason

That's a screaming deal for anyone with a use for it. From the photos, it looks to be in pretty good condition. I don't have the need or the space, unfortunately.

I'd also note that relieving (horizontal, left wheel) and flute-grinding (vertical, right wheel) heads were available for these machines in three different collet types. 5C is good for up to 1" shanks. The big one is 22J collets with a capacity up to 2.25" shanks, and I can't recall what the third collet size is.

With a pallet I would guess 400 lbs to 500. I looked on machinetools.com and there is one listed with a different head on it and it is showing 450lbs. Thanks Jason

With a pallet I would guess 400 lbs to 500. I looked on machinetools.com and there is one listed with a different head on it and it is showing 450lbs. Thanks Jason

Jason, thanks for reply. I guess I was dreaming but I visualized using it for sharpening end mills but by really looking at your pictures I don't see that being practical maybe not even being possible.

Thanks, John

It's really not a good machine for sharpening endmills, at least with the factory heads on it. No reason you couldn't fit a Weldon endmill sharpening fixture on it, but it would be easier to mount such a fixture on a conventional tool&cutter grinder or even a surface grinder.

How about $500.00 picked up locally. I have a few machines I am wanting to move as I am trying to make space for a Brother mill. Thanks Jason

If anybody is interested I would sale parts of the machine or the tooling.

The grinder has 32 or so 5c tap k collets that are sized for tap shanks. $200.00 plus shipping.

The Hybco 5c grinding head and cams that I have $200.00 plus shipping.

If you buy the head and collets I would take $275.00 plus shipping for all.

Add 3% for paypal payment .Thanks Jason.

Any idea on shipping cost for the work heads, cams, and collets? I'd need the rotary base for the left work head as well.

Back