What's new
What's new

FS. Morey 2G Turret Lathe

jljim

Cast Iron
14" swing over bed, 6" over cross slide. 3hp variable speed Reeves drive, 220v, 3ph. 4 speed power feed to 6 position turret. 180 rpm back gear to 1800 max. Hole through spindle 1 9/32, push bar for collet operator is stuck in spindle. Lever operated cross slide, hand wheel feed to carriage. Contractor box is probably original, should be replaced. I just wired the motor direct to test run. Coolant sump in base, no pump. It has a couple cracked/broken feet, see pics. Head stock and turret gearing in good condition. Has a Packard Motor Co. Property tag. The turret takes W/S #2 tooling, the collet nose for the spindle also used #2 W/S collets. The spindle flange looks like it would take an A1-5 chuck. Weighs 2375 lbs. Asking 400.00 or make an offer please. I rescued this, and several other machines, back when scrap prices were crazy high. Fork lift loading is free. PM or shop phone is 419 533 eight four six two.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 478
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 313
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 334
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 207
Cute little fellow, best of luck on your pricing. I hadn't seen the Morey name on anything but vertical slotters.

There should be a lever on the front of the bed just below the turret slide to raise the feed worm into engagement, looks like it's missing?

Worm lever pic

This is the lever that engages the turret worm, it's on the right of the hand wheel. I think the hand wheel for the turret has also been modified or repaired. I had this lathe powered up and running when I brought it home. The only mechanical issue was the push tube in the spindle and the threads on the outboard end of the spindle for the collet closer are little beat up. All the bare iron got a liberal coating of Fluidfilm when I put it in storage. As for the asking price, we have to start somewhere.....just make me an offer if you have any interest at all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 126

Back