What's new
What's new

FS: Oliver of Adrian 300HD Ace Tool Grinder

Frizzen

Aluminum
This unit was for sale locally with it's sister. I just wanted one but had to buy both. I am selling this one now. I think the picture speak for themselves that its a nice unit. I have not cleaned it up except for a small area on the left side, it will look very nice once cleaned. It's a 1973 year and has been with the same company since new, it was also sent back to Oliver and refurbished in 2000, this info is from Oliver. I have not ran it but the spindle and motor spin free and smooth. Setup currently for 460v, it will need the motor, both transformers wiring reconfigured along with the 3 heater fuses, I believe this what they are called, replaced with larger if changed to 230v. The heaters are currently N15's. The spindle ram it very smooth its full length. The spindle raise up and down as well as moves 90 degrees side to side. The table raise and lowers, move side to side as well as spins 360 degrees. The tooling have other angle adjustments. The tooling is mostly complete as shown, a new diamond stone is included in the box. It uses 5C collets, none included, or 50 taper tool holders. The 5c collet holder and drawbar are included. The draw bolt is included but there are no 50 taper holders included, I may have access to some so we can talk about them if you purchase the unit. The Oliver rail and centers are included along with a spring loaded indexing assembly that has a micrometer style adjuster, the only thing you may need is an arbor and centering tool that I believe could be shop made or ordered from Oliver. I do have a centering tool that you can measure if you would like. Three wheel holders are included. There is no diamond stone dresser, I think they only used diamond wheels. I have a very small shop and just want it gone. Contact me at [email protected] Thanks $1250

Sorry for the sideways pictures can't seem to get them straightened out!

IMG_4685.jpg
IMG_4680.jpg
IMG_4687.jpg
IMG_4678.jpg
IMG_4688.jpg

I would really like this out of my shop! Thought this was a realistic price, but maybe not, so I will probably take any reasonable offer. Thanks

Had some experience with that machine.. Going through the hand book it can do most anything. with the work head pointing up it is great for end mill ends.For doing OD flutes you set a riding finger at the wheel and hold tool between centers or in the work head.
Machine used diamond wheels/AO and green wheels..long travel is the wheel head going forward and back on a very smooth movement.

If I was still in sharpening I would buy it.. but that is very far awayyyyyyyy.

Michigan, thanks for the positive comments about these machines. Everything works very well. A new diamond wheel is included.

Distance - and "niche need" are your challenges. Price, much less-so.

Very capable machines, even if they look awkwardly otherwise. Given you opened reasonable-like, I'd ha' pounced if it were within same-day go-fetch.

Thank you, the company that had this actually had 4 in the tool room. I would suggest anyone interested in a tool grinder and cutter do some research on these, call Oliver and ask them about the capabilities. I am open to reasonable offers as I would like it out of my shop.

This is now sold. Went to trade school for the tool and die program.

Not relevant, but which trade school? I used to be on the advisory for one. Not tool and die specifically as a one year program, but a good program at the time. With talk about losing the skilled trades (actually hand wringing going on for more than 30 years) it's interesting to see that there are places taking up the challenge.

TGTool, North Iowa, Mason City, Iowa.

Gzig5, not sure I understand! Did you email me last week on this? If so, I’m still thinking on the other option.

TGTool, North Iowa, Mason City, Iowa.

Gzig5, not sure I understand! Did you email me last week on this? If so, I’m still thinking on the other option.

No email. Just noticed the listing for the first time and was trying to figure out what it would take to collect it. It would probably be 7hrs each way and I'm not able to undertake that anytime soon. Wish it was closer.

gzig5
Looked for a way to send you a PM or email but do not see any way. Send me a PM or email if you are interested in a Oliver of Adrian tool and cutter grinder.
Bruce

Back