What's new
What's new

FS in PA - Clausing Colchester 15x50 with lots of tooling

JLeather

Cast Iron
Clausing Colchester 15"x50" gap bed lathe in excellent condition. A friend of mine bought it from the tool room of a place he used to work at (no, really). Bed is nice, no apparent wear. Headstock runs extremely quiet (included in the album is a video of the lathe running at 1500 rpms). Comes with a bunch of tooling as shown. 12" Buck adjust-tru 3 jaw with several sets of soft jaws and a set of hard jaws, 10" 4-jaw that I think is a Cushman, over a dozen holders and a CXA tool post (all name brand, mostly Aloris and DTM), nice tailstock chuck and live center, 2-axis DRO, steady rest, etc. This is a later model lathe with the auto spindle brake instead of the foot brake (works great). Also comes with an extra brand new halfnut, and some special tools. Under power and can be inspected in Fairfield, PA. Asking $7000 OBO for the lathe and tooling shown. There is currently a 20hp RPC running it. The RPC is available for an extra $500 with the lathe, or will be sold separately for $750 after the lathe is gone. The lathe is near the door of a ground-level garage, but there is only limited rigging equipment on-site (an engine hoist and some come-alongs) so the hauling details will be up to the buyer.

Album:
Clausing 15x5 - Google Photos

Boy if I was closer. I just missed one of these right down the road. I may take a gander at shipping, but it'll probably be a bit much.

GLWS!

The catalog lists the lathe itself at around 3,750. I'd put the shipping weight with the tooling at close to 4,500 pounds.

Back