What's new
What's new

1944 Monarch 10EE 12.5" actual swing 20" between centers in Cottge Grove, WI

always_curious

Plastic
1944 Monarch 10EE 12.5" actual swing 20" between centers in Cottge Grove, WI

I have a 10EE for sale. The guy I bought it from removed the exciter but never got it running afterward. I bought it two years ago and planned to get it working again, but life got in the way and I haven't had any time to work on it. The past few years have been pretty rocky. Now my wife is losing her job and it looks like we'll need to sell the house and pretty much anything that won't fit in my work van. Boo hoo, I know, but that's the story behind it. I'd keep it if I could, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I do have the solid state kit to replace the exciter, which was around $500. The lathe is dirty and needs some TLC, but as far as I know it's functional in all other respects.

If no one wants it, I'll have to start parting it out, which I'd really rather not do. If you need something, send me an email with the parts you're looking for and what they're worth to you and I'll put you on the list in case the whole thing doesn't sell. We've got a few months, so I'll try for a while to sell it all together. Ideally someone would take the whole machine, tooling and all, and get it running again.

If you're interested, contact me. You're welcome to come see it in person. Here's a web page with some photos. *EDIT* All the tooling is in the photos I think.*/EDIT* Email if you want a better picture of anything in particular.

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/sakeel/web/10ee/index.html

As far as price goes, tell me what it's worth to you and we'll go from there.

Seth in Cottage Grove, WI
608-446-4414
sakeel at gmail dot com

Sorry for your situation. Hope someone out there can make a deal for the whole thing, hate to see old iron parted out. I'm not in a possition to do so or I would get it to keep it from that fate. Good luck guy.
Krutch

Mentally confused and prone to wandering

Sorry for your situation. Hope someone out there can make a deal for the whole thing, hate to see old iron parted out. I'm not in a possition to do so or I would get it to keep it from that fate. Good luck guy.
Krutch

Thanks. It's not so bad. There are plenty of folks out there in worse shape than Janet and I. We're thankful for what we have and make the best of what comes. It's a great opportunity to get rid of all the junk that accumulates over time when you own a house. We've done the walk-through a couple of times and other than my wife, kayak, and tools, there aren't a lot of things that I'm particularly attached to. We've been selling a lot of stuff on eBay and Craig's list and it's surprisingly liberating.

I know. I can hardly stomach the thought of parting it out, but the chances of finding a buyer for the house who also wants to fix up a WWII era lathe is slim to none, so one way or the other it's got to move. Last night, Janet and I talked about keeping it if we can't sell it in one piece. Well, I talked about it, she said she'd consider it. I'm just not sure what we'd do with it. It's such a pain to move and we're not going to have any place to put it for a while.

The good news is that the collet chuck and follower rest can bring good $ sold separately. You also have the TA with the vernier, which are sought-after items.

I'd suggest posting a note over on the Monarch section referencing this thread.

Update

I'm going to respond to everyone who contacted me individually, but I wanted to update the thread as well. With the hours I'm working, it's been hard to respond to everyone, so sorry for any delays.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and generosity. This forum is a great community. Ten people have contacted me with interest in the whole package. Two people have offered to store it until Janet and I find a place to settle back down.

After reading your posts and email, and listening to your messages, Janet now understands why I was so reluctant to sell it and has encouraged me to find a way to keep it. She's such a sweetheart. I'm looking at a few trailers in the area that could be used to load and store it for a while. We agreed that I have to sell my motorcycle and many of the spare parts for my projects in order to buy the trailer. That stuff was going to need to be sold anyway, so no loss there. If storing it doesn't pan out, I'll pick this up where we left off. I should know in the next few weeks if it's going to work or not.

Thanks again.

Back