What's new
What's new

FS: TREE 2UVR project, head needs to be resembled

hillhudson

Plastic
I have a 2UVR TREE mill that used to be very reliable until the collet closer needed to be replaced. me being the idiot i am, i thought i needed to take apart the entire head to pull the quill. i gave up and found another 2uvr locally and now i just want to sell this basket case Mill. only the head is disassembled, everything else is intact and operational. email me if you'd like to see photos or if you want to make me an offer

[email protected]

thanks

-Hill

I am curious what a collet closer looks like on a mill, never heard of such thing.

I am curious what a collet closer looks like on a mill, never heard of such thing.

I was guessing it was very much like a pull stud arrangement but I also assumed this wasn't using collets but who knows.

I believe you are describing a quick change tool system, that isn't a collet closer and neither is a power draw bar. I thought maybe it had some kind of crazy one off retro fit of something insane.

I believe you are describing a quick change tool system, that isn't a collet closer and neither is a power draw bar. I thought maybe it had some kind of crazy one off retro fit of something insane.

Yea I watched the video of it he had and it truly is a collet closer on a mill. Go to his other thread and the video is there.

The Tree mills all have a built in collet closers that takes double taper "football" collets.
The 2UVRs (I have one) use the Z collets that go up to 3/4" and the larger machines used a ZZ that goes up to an inch.
Changing is super quick, You just use the quill handle to open and close the collets.
Switching out collets just means unscrewing a nose piece on the spindle.

Tree mills have a cool built in collet closer system. You guys don't know what you are missing.

Well it might be nice, but until the OP post's
1. some pictures of said mill
2. A price for said mill
We shall never know then eh ?.....:D

Back