What's new
What's new

FS: Tree VMC-1260 Machining Center

ewlsey

Diamond
I think it's about time to sell off my Tree VMC-1260. This thing is a beast. It's not the prettiest machine, but it works very well. It's a 1993 model, built in the Czech Republic by ZPS.

Control: Yasnac MX-3
X Axis Travel: 50"
Y Axis Travel: 24"
Z Axis Travel: 30"
Table Size: 57" x 23"
Spindle Taper: CAT 50
Spindle Speed: 6000 RPM 2 Ranges
Spindle Motor: 30/25 HP
Tool Capacity: 2 x 16 ATC (32 Total)
Machine Dimesions: 187"L x 118"W x 136"H
Machine Weight: 18,000 LBS

All Yaskawa motors and drives. 787 IPM rapids. Box ways. Flood coolant and shower coolant, 3 pumps. Unique dual carousel tool changer. Chip auger. Extended work offsets. Rigid tapping. 240 volt. Runs good on 100 amp breaker.

This machine came from a die shop in Wisconsin. I bought it from a customer about 3 years ago. They bought it from the die shop and never used it. I replaced a X axis thrust bearing. Way covers were completely rebuilt with new wipers. High low spindle gear shift system rebuilt. Some minor electrical repairs (one contactor, a video card, CRT repaired).

Overall it has been a very reliable machine. The tool changer is servo driven and pretty quick. Drip feed via RS232. I've done some high speed type machining with it and does pretty well for its age. 50 taper, so you can push a 4" face mill as hard as you like. Parts and service are available from ZPS.

I have 20 cat 50 tool holders that are included along with a nice Stor-loc rack. The vises are not included, but I will throw in the mounting hardware for 4 vises.

I do not have the ability to move this machine, so figure on at least $750 to get it rigged out. Machine will not be available until May 1st.

$12,000

006.jpg007.jpg011.jpg012.jpg013.jpg

According to ZPS (grain of salt required), these machines were sold in Europe as high end tool and die machines. It is hell for stout. Compared to my Haas, it might as well be from another planet.

They did drop the ball on the control panels. I don't know what paint they used, but every one I have seen looks like mine. The Dynapath machines did it too.

The chip evacuation and way covers are not the best, but what can you really do on a machine this big? I rebuilt the covers, so they should be good for many years if taken care of.

You're killing me with this thing man! If what I'm negotiating on right now falls through, I'll definitely be bugging you for more information - I have concerns I'd be able to run this thing in my garage, which is what I really need to be able to do right now, but this is way more machine for way less money....

I dunno if this is a good machine for a garage. It's a big girl. I think that's a 10 foot ceiling over it, with not much room to spare.

I dunno if this is a good machine for a garage. It's a big girl. I think that's a 10 foot ceiling over it, with not much room to spare.

Eh, I've been out measuring - it would be tight, but it would go if I pulled the door header temporarily (into the front half at least. I've got a support beam running down the center that's not going anywhere.)

Probably not a great idea though....

100 amp 25hp...may be way more than I can Power.
I'm gonna be chipping 6061 so really don't need the power.
Looks like a great deal for someone though. What other equipment you selling?

100 amp 25hp...may be way more than I can Power.
I'm gonna be chipping 6061 so really don't need the power.
Looks like a great deal for someone though. What other equipment you selling?

It's easy to use 20HP milling aluminum. 100 amps 3 phase is normal for a reasonable size VMC at full load. However, you can usually keep a VMC spindle load down if you need to avoid tripping breakers.

What is nice about a machine like this if you are new to using one is that it's built heavy and can take some abuse if you don't know what you are doing. 787 IPM is real fast too if you need it. 6000 RPM and 50 taper rigidity will remove some 6061 real quick too.

18K is surprising for that much travel and box ways. My 1990 26x60 Mori is 38K lbs. It only has 4K rpm, but mostly does aluminum.

FWIW, I still have this machine and would still like to sell it. I think I will make a new control panel for it. This one looks pretty bad.

The main breaker can be cranked up to 125 amps if she needs a little more oomph... However, if you take it easy, you could run it on a 40 amp breaker. I did for a short time until I ran the permanent power.

It is hell for stout. Compared to my Haas, it might as well be from another planet.

LMAO!! I can picture that, perfectly... :rolleyes5: Haha!

Dang, Ewlsey... If I didn't already have a lock on a 50Taper with 12K spindle and through coolant, I'd be all over you on this one. ( and you already know where to bring it ) :cool:

To the person that is wondering about purchasing this machine - I've dealt with the Ewlsey in the past. If he says the machine is good, then the machine is good. He tells it pretty darn straight, and the fact of the matter is that he actually is a "nice guy" that oft short changes himself for the sake of being cautious. I would have ZERO issues with dealing with him in the future.

Oh, and more personal experience - When he says "hell for stout", you can BANK on that. LOL.

lot of these were sold in this area back in the day always heard guys liked them. which tool n die shop this come out of? free bump for ya.

A guy commented on Youtube that it may have come from RTD in the Milwaukee area. He recognized the air hose reel on top.

Back