What's new
What's new

Harrison M300 13"X25"

Danny VanVoorn

Titanium
This is is pretty good condition although it sat with coolant on it so it is a chore in progress to clean it completely, good news is it kept away rust. All gear boxes have been flushed and refilled, spindle checks with no play, ways show no wear, has about .015 backlash on the cross slide, all in all should make someone a great little lathe. Although I detest them I added a static converter so it runs off of 220Volt house current. Listed on the local craigslist also Lathe, Harrison M3 13"X25" inch/metric - tools - by owner - sale
Dan

Dan, I left a message on your lAN line last night. Your Cell phone number is not working. Maybe that's why your not getting much response.

Paul

English built or China built Harrison? Would you have any interest in a trade? I have a nice 6x12 Mitsui plus I add cash, or a Okamoto 12x24DX and you add cash.

English built or China built Harrison? Would you have any interest in a trade? I have a nice 6x12 Mitsui plus I add cash, or a Okamoto 12x24DX and you add cash.
Not interested in trades now.
Don't know if China or British built (Electrical Print dated 1994) but does it matter on a machine that's been made since the early 1970s? Really seems like the design is fairly sound if there has been no major changes since its inception.

Looks to me like the import version. I have an English built machine from the 70's and it's slightly different.
It's the same general design and specs, so it's probably still a good machine.
They're a very useful machine for the size. Great power and a wide range of speeds.

Looks to me like the import version. I have an English built machine from the 70's and it's slightly different.
It's the same general design and specs, so it's probably still a good machine.
They're a very useful machine for the size. Great power and a wide range of speeds.

I used one similar for 25 years in the shop I worked in and think these machines don't get nearly the recognition they deserve. I found it to be accurate and easy to use and trouble free, one shot oiler in the apron, threading inch and metric without messing with loose gears, the list goes on. We also figured out that the bed and tail stock are the same as the Harrison AA 13" and one of the newer Colchester 13" lathes also so attachments like the bed turret and steady rest could be exchanged with one from those.
Dan

Back