What's new
What's new

HELMEL CHECKMASTER CMM looking for smallest benchtop

Greg McCreight

Plastic
Wanted small benchtop Helmel checkmaster CMM anybody got one ? One on C/List in AZ but owner wont ship
or respond. Must be able to ship to Ohio anyone know of other small benchtop machines? Wanted for
watchmaker/clockmaker workshop as little floor space left ! Best Greg

Wanted small benchtop Helmel checkmaster CMM anybody got one ? One on C/List in AZ but owner wont ship
or respond. Must be able to ship to Ohio anyone know of other small benchtop machines? Wanted for
watchmaker/clockmaker workshop as little floor space left ! Best Greg
The little Helmel's are cool in that they don't use air bearings and therefore you don't need all that leaking air that other CMM's need. Suspect you knew that ;) Plus they are one of the few made in the USA.

Yes you are correct-- I just trashed my old B+S gage 2000 old software bad computer and its hoses were so bad it sounded like the shop furnace blowing ! Its the right size for watch/clock work and has a Vision option also (like others). Helmel offered me a good price on a new one if a good used one cant be found I may just play it safe and go new but- about 10k price diff between used/new I guess.

Yes you are correct-- I just trashed my old B+S gage 2000 old software bad computer and its hoses were so bad it sounded like the shop furnace blowing ! Its the right size for watch/clock work and has a Vision option also (like others). Helmel offered me a good price on a new one if a good used one cant be found I may just play it safe and go new but- about 10k price diff between used/new I guess.
They seem to be pretty rare in the used market but there was one advertised right here on PM a few years ago in the Atlanta area... late model, like new. I ended up buying it but the learning curve was so steep (DCC type) on the software. I gave up and sold it to a company in PA. I doubt the software is any more difficult to learn than other DCC CMM software but I was hoping the Helmel DCC software would be way simplier in that regard than others...but it wasn't.

All I really "need" is a manual CMM...got a pristine manual Starrett I keep meaning to retrofit with Quadrachek CMM DRO but never get around to it.

Back