What's new
What's new

Helping A Friend Sell His Machine Shop

bsg

Titanium
A friend of mine, who I’ve known for some 15 years, has decided to downsize or maybe even fully liquidate his machine shop. He has collected some choice equipment over the 30 years he’s been in business. He earned a living with some of it, but collected and cared for most of it because of his appreciation for pre-digital machine tools that many of us on this forum revere.

I am helping him find new owners for his finer machines. Initially, I am offering a list of the equipment without photos, although we will gradually add pictures as he sorts through his collection. Requests for photos will go to the top of the list. Everything he has is in excellent to pristine condition unless otherwise noted. Anyone seriously interested should consider visiting his shop in Ann Arbor, Michigan—about 40 minutes by car from Detroit Metropolitan Airport. We will sell internationally if buyer takes responsibility for the “complicated paperwork” and the cost of crating.

Machines can be demonstrated under power in Ann Arbor Michigan. Owner has a 6,000 pound capacity forklift and can provide loading at no cost.

Cazeneuve 590 HBY, Almost New (some tooling included) RARE

Cazeneuve 360 HBX, Pristine Condition (some tooling included—hydraulic tracer)

Deckel FP3A with fixed table and universal table with readout for position, also includes Jig Grinding attachment with feedback, very rare! Kurt vises and some tooling included.

Deckel LK, Jig boring head plus riser, includes Jig grinding attachment with hole size feedback, very rare!

Hardinge HC, Readouts and threading attachment, plus tooling......Exceptional condition, will not find another one in this shape—like a car with 7,000 miles on it.

Monarch EC Chucker with Hardinge threaded nose spindle.

Jones and Lampson PC-14 Optical Comparator with Base surface reflection and NOVA light for main illumination.

NaJet Drill model 1M Microdrilling Machine

Haas Vf2 with HRT-210 4th axis. 10K spindle

OmniTurn GT-75

Schaubliin 53 Universal Milling Machine

Hardinge HSL Speed Lathe

6’ by 10’ foot steel work table (6,000 pounds) “Gorgeous”

Linley Jig Borer

Hardinge CHNC1 Siemens Control

Browne & Sharpe 6" x 18" Micromaster surface grinder with Visual Grind attachment.
Jones & Lamson TC-14

Studer Type 1 plain Bearing OD Grinder. Fully Automatic---all mechanical (no hydraulics). Needs Some Repair

Tree Milling Machine 2UVR

Derbyshire lathe model 750 (at least 5 machines with numerous attachments)

Stenhoj 40 H-Frame Press

12 Various Gear Making Machines—for bevels, internals, helicals, spurs and worm gears.

George Plant Ornamental Turning Lathe loaded with many original attachments. 2-stage Plant Geometric Chuck

Engineering Cutaways

At Least 10 Display Cabinets (old ones for science labs) with glass pained doors.

12 Legal File Cabinet Drawers Full of Vintage Machine Brochures and Books.

Many (almost too many to list) Measuring Instruments.

Lista Cabinets

Tons of Tooling and Accessories

We will have pictures and videos up as soon as possible........There are a many more items

We are still working on pricing, determining which tooling and accessories should be sold alone and which should be sold with specific machines.

Here’s a link to the website to give some idea of the machines and condition.

Berner Scientific, Inc.

Please no PM's, send all correspondence to;

[email protected]

Feel free to send an e-mail with any interest and we will try and respond as soon as possible.

Kevin

Wow!

I have had stored away some of those pictures as shown on his site, in a folder that I titled "Inspiration", some time ago. I still go scrolling through them to get a little motivation as far as design and workmanship goes.

Really liking the Architectural stuff.

Maybe I'll make a trip in to town and buy a lotto ticket or two today... :) Just in case!

Cheers
Trev

Wow,just looked at the equipment pictures. Looks like he always did high end
prototypes. Those machines look like they never saw any production, they and the surroundings are too clean.

When can we expect prices to be posted?

Is there something your interested in?

We are working to get pictures and prices as soon as possible......part of the issue is I live and work an hour and half away!

As you can imagine this is a daunting task and will take some time, please be patient, we will respond to email questions in the next day or so and start posting some more info.

Please stay tuned.....

Kevin

you might be better off taking video footage of all and add comments to it. Maybe a short video per item. Taking pictures can take a while. Posting a video to Youtube takes time also but you can do other stuff while you wait? Plus with a video you can show it working and each video can have comments. If you don't want general comments then pick the "unlisted" option on youtube?

Or if the person who owns the shop can handle a video camera have him take the video and add comments.

Is there something your interested in?

We are working to get pictures and prices as soon as possible......part of the issue is I live and work an hour and half away!

As you can imagine this is a daunting task and will take some time, please be patient, we will respond to email questions in the next day or so and start posting some more info.

Please stay tuned.....

Kevin

I sent you an email. I'm interested in the Studer type 1 grinder and any SIP literature he has.

you might be better off taking video footage of all and add comments to it. Maybe a short video per item. Taking pictures can take a while. Posting a video to Youtube takes time also but you can do other stuff while you wait? Plus with a video you can show it working and each video can have comments. If you don't want general comments then pick the "unlisted" option on youtube?

Or if the person who owns the shop can handle a video camera have him take the video and add comments.

We are working on videos now and will probably load them up on Vimeo, seems easier than Utube.....

I sent you an email. I'm interested in the Studer type 1 grinder and any SIP literature he has.

We have had a lot of interest in several of the machines and are trying to get prices and video's in operation done....biggest stumbling block, trying to figure out what kind of tooling package to include with the machines or sell them with minimal tooling.

I will keep everyone posted as soon as we have more info......

Kevin

My apologies to the forum, the Schaublin Mill and Haas CNC have already been sold.....in all the confusion of trying to get everything ready for the sale I left these on the list when they should have been deleted......

Kevin

So, is there a price on the studer grinder? Or pictures?

hcmachine,

Don't get to excited about this sale. If Rick Berner sells anything it will be for absolutely top dollar.

Having bought from him in the past i can tell you it was a long drawn out affair that will leave a bad taste in your mouth.

hcmachine,

Don't get to excited about this sale. If Rick Berner sells anything it will be for absolutely top dollar.

Having bought from him in the past i can tell you it was a long drawn out affair that will leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Well Todd, if you feel that way, why even bother responding to the add?

Kevin

I'm already there.

Can you elaborate, did I miss an email?

We have had a lot of interest in the machines and are working at getting pictures/videos and pricing......if you want an idea of the amount of work involved, take a look at your own shop and think about how hard it would be to try and liquidate it!

I need to clarify, about the machine brochures and books, currently we are selling the whole lot together, until the machines are sold there is just not enough time to deal with these individually.....

Kevin

Why run an ad first and then claim it's all too much for you and you don't have any idea of what prices you want? Why the used car sales, "call me and we can discuss it" ploy? It seems you either have no idea of what you're doing or worse, you do.

Why run an ad first and then claim it's all too much for you and you don't have any idea of what prices you want? Why the used car sales, "call me and we can discuss it" ploy? It seems you either have no idea of what you're doing or worse, you do.

I never said it was too much for me to do......ultimately we are trying to sell all of the machines.....the prices depend on what is included in with the machine purchase, we are still working on that.

The used car sales approach?

There's a lot of specialized tools and equipment, it would take way too much time to take pictures and to list everything......the add was meant to be a rough description of what is available.

A five minute phone conversation would be a lot easier to let you know what's available.....

I just wanted to let hcmachine and everybody else know what they were getting into.

Thank you Todd for the public service announcement!

Who's the one that is hard to deal with here?

If you don't like the way this is being handled, please feel free to move along...

Kevin

Back