What's new
What's new

Kearney & Trecker 3K w/ Vertical Head and Dividing Head

mathamattox

Aluminum
Guys,

I am selling my K&T 3K horizontal milling machine. It has a heavy duty vertical head (50 taper) and the correct 12" model K dividing head w/ (2) dividing plates. 10hp motor wired for 220V 3-phase. Has power and rapid feeds in all three directions. Comes with (2) horizontal arbor supports.

Mill needs a clutch adjustment and adjustment of the hand-wheel engagement. All feeds and speeds work. Overall a pretty good machine.

Price $2900

You can see pictures of it here: Milling Machine - Kearney & Trecker

Loading can be arranged. I moved the machine in using a hydraulic trailer and pipe rollers, however a forklift or wrecker crane could pick it up to put on a taller trailer if necessary. There is plenty of concrete driveway around the garage for maneuvering.

Yes, adjustment of the main spindle clutch on the righthand side of the machine.

The handwheel adjustment is for the engagement mechanism when NOT using powerfeed. During powerfeed the handwheel is disengaged and sometimes the handwheel does not fully re-engage after stopping the powerfeed.

I will be watching this thread feed, while counting my pennies. I am in the process of opening a small job shop in my area. If enough of my pennies are counted before this machine is moved, I will be taking a trip to the Carolinas.

Back