What's new
What's new

L-Tec 250 HF square wave AC/DC Tig/Arc welder

Pete from TN

Cast Iron
I have for sale a very nice HEAVY DUTY commercial Tig/Arc welder unit. It is the L-tec 250HF high frequency square wave tig. This machine has worked perfectly for me and I have welded everything from Aluminum to Stainless steel and everything in between. It has never let me down and has power to spare. This is a self contained unit with built in heavy duty castors and bottle carrier. It will come complete and ready to weld with requlator and quality air cooled torch it also has some nice long leads. It has infinitely variable foot control and AC,DC-, DC+ modes as well as it can be configured to be an excellent AC or DC arc welder. If you have never Arc welded with DC you do not know what you are missing. I will include the torch, the Arc welder stinger cable, some cups and gas lens fittings and tungstens, an assortment of Tig rods of varying materials and even a couple welding respirator masks. This machine is built like a tank and will probably outlast you. It is from the people who INVENTED tig welding and are now called ESAB. The machine rolls around easily despite it's weight and runs off single phase. I run it off my 220v 50 amp garage circuit and I can get enough heat to make the damn cup glow if I want to. I am selling it because I need some cash and I am gonna use my cheapo mig welder for now until I can get some more business with the tig. The machine is located in Maryville ,Tennessee and I can demonstrate it working for interested parties. It does an AMAZING job on stainless and steel as well as aluminum. This is not your cheapo box store welder, it is a professional machine for REAL welders who want to make money with their machines. Duty cycle is almost not an issue with this beast. I am asking $1500.00 OBO If you are interested gimme a call at 865-363-9218 Thanks and peace

Pete

Pictures...

Here are some photos of the machine....Bottle is a rental so not included.

Attachments

• 0914111641.jpg
    0914111641.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 6,542
  • 0914111641a.jpg
    0914111641a.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 6,490
  • 0914111641b.jpg
    0914111641b.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 8,098
If I'm correct, I believe this is actually a generic/rebadged Hobart Tigweld AC/DC 250 from the 80's. They look almost identical, save for the paint. I have one (Hobart) and it's a smokin' machine. Have a brandy new Miller Synchrowave 350 and I still love my old Hobart. There's just something about a copper wound transformer machine that'll really put the smoke to a part... Good luck.

L-tec 250

Well guys no takers so far, I guess I will lower the price of this unit to $1300.00. If it does not sell for that much I guess I will keep it. This thing really is a nice unit and I use it almost daily . Let me know if you are interested. thanks and peace

Pete

Man, that's the exact unit I learned TIG on. We have a Synchrowave at work and it has a lot more bells and whistles, but I just can't get it to cooperate like this old L-TEC. Of course, I just spent a pile of money on the house, so I'm out.

This Baby....

This baby is still for sale. I use it almost daily and it works EVERY time for me. I am just trying to finance a VMC here and I need some cash. Let me know if you are interested. Peace

Pete
865-363-9218

Back