What's new
What's new

Logan lathe FS model 1875 H

Craig Donges

Stainless
Greetings all;

The dog and I were sitting around talking about what to list today. He decided that we should list this nice little Logan. I agreed.

Logan model 1875H. It's life was spent at a local high school, so it does not have a lot of run time on it. The ways show little to no wear, I could not feel a ridge. Some nicks from Youngn's learning how to change chucks and the like are present though. The bed is 43" long. Swing is 10". The spindle is 1 1/2"-8. A nice 3 jaw Powermatic chuck is included (with key), as well as a rocker tool post, three holders, (Straight, right and left). The thread dial will allow you to thread from 4-224 TPI. Cross slide free is .013, and the compound comes in at .005.

The tailstock is a 2MT and offers 2 1/2" of travel and is fitted with a Jacobs #6A chuck. The head is V belt, no stinkin' flat belts to mess with. The 115 volt electric motor will plug in almost anywhere, no RPC's required.

Note: The cabinet door on the right side is sprung a tad. The handle on the tailstock handwheel is missing.

This would make someone a nice lathe. I've owned it for some time and used it in my shop. Mmy dog needs braces, as evidenced by the photo and your purchase would be one step closer to him getting his teeth fixed, it really negatively affects his self esteem.

All the usual stuff: Yes, your check is fine, I don't like Pay Pal, and I will ship.

On edit; I checked with black dog and he says he needs $1050 to cover his braces.

Thanks;
Craig Donges

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

Last edited:
MattW;

That dog is a sissy. The one to watch out for is the yellow Corgi. Belly is 2" off the ground and 50# of sure mean _ss little dog. Friendly as can be but will not take crap from anyone, even myself. Has the personality of a cat. Could care less if I'm around, until she's hungry. Now that I think of it, I am not sure if it's the breed or gender that has the issues?

She's the self appointed gaurdian of my back door. I've seen her lie there in a snow storm, till she's covered in 2" of snow without moving a muscle.

More to follow on the straight edge soon;
Craig Donges

Whippin boy;

I think you'd connected the dots with your last post.

Matt W;

Yes, that is a Kevin Li straightedge in the above photo. I specifically had it in their to see if anyone would notice. Of course, you guys picked it out!

I am now the proud new owner of the 18" straightedge pattern Kevin Li had designed and produced. On a seperate thread on the parts/toolig side, that I've started, I am once again able to offer the castings , either rough or machined.

The dog is depressed that he can't schedule with the Orthodontist. Help the wretched little creature out and buy this lathe.

Thanks;
Craig Donges

Last edited:

Back