What's new
What's new

Monarch 10EE, Mitsui MSG-200 MSG, Kalamazoo 7AW

aerodark

Titanium
My lease is up and I am moving out of state. The Monarch has undergone a VFD retrofit with new Black Max 6 pole 5HP motor. I included the back gearbox. I had an engineer do the wiring for me.

It is not functioning at this time. It sounds like a relay is not staying engaged when powering up. It sat idle for a few months. This problem is new. Well tooled. $4500 invested.

The Surface grinder has a brand new spindle cartridge, new balls and races on the table,and complete coolant system with kit for containing the splash. I added a Sony 20 millionths res. DRO to it. It grinds beautifully.I have over $5k invested in it.

Little Kalamazoo saw is older, but in good shape. Coolant pump works and the hydraulic feed works as well.

Miscellaneous material and storage as well. All must go.

Prefer package deal for all of it. Need to move by March 1.

$5000 or best offer for all.

Pics sent via email upon request.

What the heck, dude? This sounds like a divorce sale. Not a moving sale. Hope everything is okay by you. Curiosity by way of gratuitous bump to the top - Where are you moving to?

5k for the monarch, a dsg, saw and all material? That shouldn’t be a hard sell then. Wish you weren’t on the other side of the country from me.

Price seems fair to me.

$50k? Seriously? Value machines like that I'll sell you my shop for $15,000,000 in a heartbeat!

Non-op 10EE say $1500

Nice grinder with DRO Say $3500 (keep in mind surface grinders are a hard sell these days)

Old Kalamazoo say $500

Take off $500 for buying all three and you get $5k.

For reference, This 10EE not under power just sold in Portland for $1500: Monarch 1EE Toolroom Lathe - tools - by owner - sale It was for sale for weeks at that price. Many people I know passed on it myself included.

Dan Lewis is a slimy dealer that will sit on that lathe at $7k for years.

Price seems fair to me.

Non-op 10EE say $1500
Could be worth a lot more. To some among us, anyway. PM member, and IIRC, the back-story on the VFD conversion has input on the condition of the rest of it too. IOW, not as many unknowns as a total stranger.

Tooling alone may be worth a great deal more than $1,500 as well.

One, if not two, more lathes, 2 of 'em 10EE, only one runable, than needed here already, and too-far away from the left coast, freight-wise, so "no bid" for me.

But... I do have spare motors and DC Drives to enable sending-off that VFD, restoring full Dee Cee functionality, and putting the Marathon to use as an RPC idler.

Good deal for SOMEBODY, I'd rate the package, just on the 10EE and its tooling alone.

SG's are a harder sell, yes. Too many of 'em going begging for food and shelter as it is.

Sorry about not getting back to interested parties with pix. I am showing it this afternoon and will update if the lot sells. Thanks.

Back