What's new
What's new

Moore Jig Bore for sale- Houston

swatkins

Titanium
I love this machine but I need the room and money for a different machine.

I put it on craigslist, at a higher "craig's List" price and here is the listing.. Moore Jig Bore and tools - tools - by owner - sale

I can load the machine on a trailer and it comes with about 10 tool holders, DRO and is in pretty good shape. Only problem is the feed speed is not shifting from the gear it is currently in and I've just not had time to open it up and fix that.

Motor runs well and the spindle runs cool. Machine is under power now and you can inspect.

If you would like more information PM me with your phone number and I'll call you right back.

Should have some better pictures tomorrow.

jigbore.jpg

Could I ask what it sold for? I have a similar one that gets used like once a year.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Could I ask what it sold for? I have a similar one that gets used like once a year.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
This was a "special" type of deal so the price is really not representive of true market value.

I bought a 1996 Bridgeport Torq Cut 22 from the man. He wanted 5000.00 for it but was willing to take some off because I was a friend.

He came to the Richard King scraping class I hold at my shop and I have been to his shop in Conroe, about 40 miles away. He also had a real commercial need for the Jig Bore as it was the perfect for finish boring a machine transmission they manufacture. All this figured into the price...

In the end we ended up trading machines and I gave him 2000.00. He gave a lot and I gave a lot on final price. We both helped move the machines so that also figured in the price. I loaded the Moore on my trailer and brought it to his shop, he jacked up the Bridgeport and put it on skates then helped winch it up on the drop deck trailer.. About 4 hours of labor on each of our parts...

I figured the price of the Moore at about 1500.00 cash for the machine and traded 1200.00 in tooling as help for moving and asking a ton of questions about the Bridgeport...

This was also a working machine that was placed on his floor at 11:00 and hooked up and running by quitting time...

I ended up with a machine that has take a week to clean up, paint the removable panels, trouble shoot many problems such as transmission not changing gears, component level repairs on the A axis curcuit board and cleaning up the control cabinet.. Good thing I like bringing old machines back to life.. :)

If your machine is in good shape I would want at least 1500.00 for it.. Tooling is an extra cost as you can easily sell that on Ebay... Look there for ideas on what they sell for.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Back