What's new
What's new

NEW in box, never used Okamoto Linear 612B Surface Grinder, at ?DISTRIBUTOR COST

LPAP198519

Plastic
Customer misordered so take advantage of this great deal!

Superior Precision Manual Grinding Machine
Grinding Capacity 6” x 12

Standard Features:
• Recirculating automatic lubrication system
• Wheel guard w/ flute for dust collection
• Grinding Wheel & Wheel Adapter
• Wheel Puller
• Diamond Dressing Tool with Holder
• Cross Movement Lock
• Instruction Manual & Inspection Sheets
• Leveling Bolts with Plates
• Necessary Tools & Tool Box
230V

Additional Options
Coolant system with splash guard (10 Gal.)
O.S. Walker Ceramax Fine Division Permanent Magnetic Chuck (Height:2.8”, Pole Div.=0.25/major 0.125”/miner, Transverse)
Sony Digital scale for Two Axes
$19,025.00
If purchased in WA, OR, or ID comes with one (1) year on Labor and Parts warranty.

Local pickup, or delivery available in WA, OR or ID (for small charge)
If purchasing from other states, we can arrange shipping but charges will be buyers responsibility.

This is NET price, so take advantage of this awesome deal now!

For more information please message or call 253-709-5894

Attachments

• IMG_2264.jpg
    IMG_2264.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 664
  • IMG_2265.jpg
    IMG_2265.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
Cuz one post wasn't enough?.........................:rolleyes5:

batmanspam1-1_zps0eaa6c30.jpg

Seems like a ton of $ for a small hand feed grinder.

Sure is for such a small work envelope. I'm guessing that's why the OP is spamming here to get rid of it. No one wants to spend that kind of cash on such a small grinder........but those Okamotos are sweet.

I'd love to have a surface grinder but I don't have the money or the space for that one. However, from photos I do like the design. The saddle looks huge, which means substantial support on both axes and less tendency to develop inaccuracies over time from the table overhang. And manuals were what I ran and I like them just fine.

I'd love to have a surface grinder but I don't have the money or the space for that one. However, from photos I do like the design. The saddle looks huge, which means substantial support on both axes and less tendency to develop inaccuracies over time from the table overhang. And manuals were what I ran and I like them just fine.
Yessir. Bigger grinder like Mitsui's, DoAll's, and Reid's really shine over their competitors. Rigidity while grinding is everything.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I like my Do All, especially since it only cost me 1200.00 with a Walker DC chuck.
What DoAll do you have? I have a manual DH612 that has most of the trick accessories available. Table stops, two speed downfeed crank with .0001" true divisions (not a vernier), zero settable dials, an electromagnetic chuck and one shot oiler. It's the only grinder to my knowledge that let's you place the table handwheel on either the right or left side. I snagged mine for $400, then when I went to pick it up I got roped into buying a 13" South Bend fully tooled for $850, and a mint Starrett vernier height gauge and surface plate for $50. That trip was a great score.

What DoAll do you have? I have a manual DH612 that has most of the trick accessories available. Table stops, two speed downfeed crank with .0001" true divisions (not a vernier), zero settable dials, an electromagnetic chuck and one shot oiler. It's the only grinder to my knowledge that let's you place the table handwheel on either the right or left side. I snagged mine for $400, then when I went to pick it up I got roped into buying a 13" South Bend fully tooled for $850, and a mint Starrett vernier height gauge and surface plate for $50. That trip was a great score.

Same one I have, 400.00? you stole that one!

Same one I have, 400.00? you stole that one!
Yup! He wanted his money back from when he bought it from the Xerox model shop in the 80's (or about). If you need any pictures of the manual, feel free to let me know.

It's been a great machine for me, I just wish it had ball ways! Not for ease of table movement, but to prevent table float waviness of a tenth or two.

I have a "new in box" Harig 612 with "new in box" Suburban electromagnetic chuck (with integral controls for same in the base of the Harig) I would consider trading plus $10K for the OP's machine. Except I don't really have a "box" for the Harig but it and the magnet are NOS, never used.

[email protected]

IMG_5426.jpg IMG_5427.jpg

I have a "new in box" Harig 612 with "new in box" Suburban electromagnetic chuck (with integral controls for same in the base of the Harig) I would consider trading plus $10K for the OP's machine. Except I don't really have a "box" for the Harig but it and the magnet are NOS, never used.

[email protected]

View attachment 202572 View attachment 202573
Several shops I go to, dies and molds, are using many Harig grinders to do "Tenths" work daily.

Nice looking machine. Scraped or hardened ways ?

Well, if we're playing this game...

I've got an unused, never had a chuck mounted, Enco surface grinder. A local high school bought it and never used it. The kids took the spindle motor apart and lost most of it.

I bought it for $10.

Back