What's new
What's new

Older equipment sell off

PegroProX440

Hot Rolled
We are in the process of purchasing another business and we need to make room here at our facility to move some of the acquired equipment into. We are consolidation the things we use frequently and the older equipment needs to go. I have tried contacting a buyer for the whole lot but they are not to responsive because they are not local. We are a mold making shop in Pittsfield Massachusettes called Modern Mold & Tool. I can answer any questions you have if you are interested in any of this equipment. In my opinion its geared towards more hobby or small shops because of the vintage of the equipment. I will post a link at the bottom of the lot.

The Bridgeport torq-cut 22 cnc we mainly run electrodes in it if our other machines are bottle necked. The screen stopped working so we are using a monitor in its place and its working fine. This should be a relatively cheap fix. The machine is slow but it is still tight and accurate. I believe the rpm's are 7500 but it sounds bad at that speed, we keep it under 4000 and its fine.

The Thompson grinder has not been turned on in a few years, it worked fine but it will not stay parallel, after a few days is slips to about .0015 out of parallel across the 12 X 24 inch magnet. The floor it is on is not the best so that could be a contributing factor. Could be a great machine if tolerances do not need to be perfect.

The Bridgeport with out the DRO is our oldest mill. There is definitely some slop in the ways and pretty bad backlash. Other than that it runs fine. We just use it for squaring up smaller blocks.

The Bridgeport with the DRO is a little tighter and we use it quite a bit. In my opinion a shop of our size only needs like 2 or 3 Bridgeports. So this one could go as well.

The top-one Bridgeport clone with an acu-rite control is in perfect condition. LOW HOURS.

Both Kalamazoo saws are a pain in the ass because they are both worn. They could be fixed up and used in someones home shop. If not these will end up scrapped.

The monarch lathe is also kind of warn out. We mainly use it for polishing round cores and cavities. The spindle seems fine but both carriages slip. I can stop the movement in the X and the Y with my hand. Probably an easy rebuild for someone who knows this machine well.

The tos trnechin lathe works fine, it is older but they build things to last then. Has a steady rest and quite a bit of tooling to go with it. Just no real need for this. We use it once a year and that work we could just sub out, so no loss here.

We also have a few systems 3r electrode gang holders, we switched styles a while back and these collect dust

Two turn tables for Bridgeports and a cross slide table. All work fine but these were from before CNC's

I have more that I may post at a later date. If anyone wants to come and inspect feel free or has any other questions PM me.

Prime Photos

Last edited:
Bump..... Things are moving quickly. We need to get rid of the monarch lathe the tos trenchin lathe and the thompson surface grinder real soon. Any offers at this point?

I just clicked on the photo link, and it worked for me. It's hosted by Amazon, you're not blocking them, are you?
I'm using my phone and can't get any image(s). I get the page saying "machines for sale" or something like that but no photos???

Galaxy S4, Slimkat
If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing :)

Well I cant PM you however I'm interested in both kalamazoos and the mill with the Acu-Rite Millpwr setup.

Please pm or email me.

Nyfbfab AT yahoo DOT com

Thanks.

Sorry for the no response, I was on vacation for a week and a half and I have been real busy with this acquisition. Some of these machines are a bigger priority than others to get rid of. The Monarch Lathe is sold. The saws I will give away once the new saw arrives. I think its the 13th or 17th of this month. The thompson grinder I will take 500bucks for. Tos lathe $2000 and Bridgeport with the Dro $2000. $8000 for the Top-one acurite mill. Im having second thoughts at the moment about the torq cut. We are currently using it and I cannot buy a replacement at this moment. This may become available in the next few months tho. Priority goes to people that can pick these up.

Sorry for the no response, I was on vacation for a week and a half and I have been real busy with this acquisition. Some of these machines are a bigger priority than others to get rid of. The Monarch Lathe is sold. The saws I will give away once the new saw arrives. I think its the 13th or 17th of this month. The thompson grinder I will take 500bucks for. Tos lathe $2000 and Bridgeport with the Dro $2000. $8000 for the Top-one acurite mill. Im having second thoughts at the moment about the torq cut. We are currently using it and I cannot buy a replacement at this moment. This may become available in the next few months tho. Priority goes to people that can pick these up.

I'm interested in the Bridgeport. I sent you a pm, but if you did not see it please shoot me a email so that I can set up a inspection

Isaac at whetstone workshop dot com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back