What's new
What's new

Optima Grinder for sale

cbassets

Plastic
Hello,

I'd like to sell an Optima Grinder machine. Please see pictures below. Asking $1000 + Shipping. I'm in Toronto Canada.
s-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpgimage5_zps22d79621.jpgimage4_zps646542e3.jpg

Just a hint, you need to list the range it will sharpen, and if you have the holders to do so and any accessories or spare wheels that come with it.

Anyone interested? Asking price can be discussed.
That's a really old model judging from the position of the view screen vs the newer models. And if the photo is showing the only tooling you have you are missing quite a bit (not to mention the point splitter attachment)....thus the lack of interest...although it looks nice for such an old one.

Btw, it would help sell it to see it "on" with a drill in the chuck in focus on the screen, and to know what is the range of that chuck. They made at least two chucks of different ranges, plus many, many collets. If the saphire lens is missing or scratched you can get new ones from Johnson Tools in the USA.

If the wheel turns quiet, even better a Youtube video that indicates such.

Milacron

Thanks for the feedback all. Yes, the pictures show everything that come with it. I do have a video showing it running, with the wheel spinning and lights turned on. Please see below.

Also here's a higher def picture of the lens. Lens is not missing, but there is a small scratch.

image4_zps646542e3.jpg
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback all. Yes, the pictures show everything that come with it. I do have a video showing it running, with the wheel spinning and lights turned on. Please see below.

Also here's a higher def picture of the lens. Lens is not missing, but there is a small scratch.
Well, the wheel sounds good and the light works....but the screen appears dark with nothing showing. You need a drill in there to show the drill tip on the display. If it does'nt display, there is a mirror inside the casting the may have come unglued you can glue back.

Also, open and close the drill holding chuck to see what is the smallest and largest drill it will accommodate.

(and FWIW, you may find other Optima videos on Youtube where it sounds awful but this is usually because they were too stupid to disconnect the point splitter, which is rather noisy device due to the flex cable that runs it.... but only needed intermittently in actual use)

As to the scratched lens, these are made of sapphire (harder than glass) and available from Johnsons in the USA

Well, the wheel sounds good and the light works....but the screen appears dark with nothing showing. You need a drill in there to show the drill tip on the display. If it does'nt display, there is a mirror inside the casting the may have come unglued you can glue back.

Also, open and close the drill holding chuck to see what is the smallest and largest drill it will accommodate.

(and FWIW, you may find other Optima videos on Youtube where it sounds awful but this is usually because they were too stupid to disconnect the point splitter, which is rather noisy device due to the flex cable that runs it.... but only needed intermittently in actual use)

As to the scratched lens, these are made of sapphire (harder than glass) and available from Johnsons in the USA

Ok I will check out the screen and the chuck when i get a chance. Meanwhile, is there any one interested in this? I have no use for it, want to sell it to someone who can make good use of it.

Hello,

I'd like to sell an Optima Grinder machine. Please see pictures below. Asking $1000 + Shipping. I'm in Toronto Canada.
View attachment 199826View attachment 199827View attachment 199828View attachment 199829

You don't need to list/post all the things some say you do. If someone is interested, THEY will ask.

But $1000 buys a lot of sharp drill bits right out of the package. I think that is the issue.

Some user may want the tool "just to have it", but that is a different matter.

Meanwhile, is there any one interested in this? I have no use for it, want to sell it to someone who can make good use of it.
Without knowing more info (like I mentioned) there is no way for them to know if they are "interested" or not, or if they can make any use of it, much less good use of it. Plus it sounds kinda dumb to say you want to sell to someone who can make good use of it, when the reality is you'd sell it to anyone that gives you the 1000 bucks, even if their plan was to test the casting strength of an Optima grinder by placing it on a 100 ton press to see how much force it takes to flatten it ;)

Without knowing more info (like I mentioned) there is no way for them to know if they are "interested" or not, or if they can make any use of it, much less good use of it. Plus it sounds kinda dumb to say you want to sell to someone who can make good use of it, when the reality is you'd sell it to anyone that gives you the 1000 bucks, even if their plan was to test the casting strength of an Optima grinder by placing it on a 100 ton press to see how much force it takes to flatten it ;)

Maybe that would be considered a "good use" for someone, who am I to judge? :) And yes, I believe most people looking to sell something would sell it to anyone willing to pay the asking price. That seems like the logical goal of a sale, no?

But like I said, I do appreciate the info that's provided here in this thread. I just need some time to check on those things.

Back