What's new
What's new

OT: Possible to find old Ebay add that isn't stored on Ebay anymore?

Spud

Diamond
Would LexisNexis or some other website have the means to pull up old Internet data , specifically old Ebay auction listing? Ebay only stores their listings for 6 months and this item is older . Need to look at a specific machine that purportedly was listed on Ebay some years back or early last year .

Not possible. If you know the item number you can try searching google but I doubt anything will come up.

If you didn't actually purchase the item, then, no.

I recently searched for an item that I purchased 22 months ago to show proof of purchase. My hard drive failed, so I didn't have any email record of it. I was able to find the original info, less photos. 24 months is the limit on Ebay data. I also tried to contact the seller I purchased from, but got no response.

You could try the Wayback Machine archive. I've had limited success with that method.

Mike
For eBay ? Considering the gazillion pages on eBay every day I find that highly unlikely archive.org would archive more than the cover page for each day and a few more pages. To confirm I just now tried to search a few specific items archived mid November, 2015 and got nothing....then tried broad categories like "truck" and still nothing.

There used to be a paid for service that would archive more, but haven't hear anything of them for years. I used to think the storage capacity for such a service would be so monumental there is no way anyone could make a go of it.... but then for similar reasons I never would have thought Youtube could exist either, so that shows what I know.

Not possible. If you know the item number you can try searching google but I doubt anything will come up.

Yes I know the item number. I am trying to figure out if a certain item is a scam , because I read some posts on another forum mentioning a particular item # as a scam. Problem is the pictures are gone so I can not compare the old listing to the new listing, and description is not available either.

Back