What's new
What's new

Walker Turner 14" Metal Cutting Bandsaw - $75

AndyF

Stainless
This could be a nice winter project for someone. The bandsaw needs some work in the gearbox and will probably need new tires, but otherwise seems complete and OK for a 50-60 year old machine. I'm in Central NY - halfway between Rochester and Syracuse near the Thruway. No shipping on this, pick up only.

This was going to be a winter project for me, but I recently bought a 20" Delta Bandsaw and no longer have a use for the Walker Turner.

The saw may be sold. Three people have expressed interest and if logistics can be worked out, it looks like it is sold. If the sale falls through, I will repost the saw.

For what it's worth, I bought one of these saws a couple years ago, and I'm absolutely delighted with it for wood and metal. It's a planetary gear dual range w/ 4 step pulleys and goes from about 3000fpm down to 40 or so. Heavy, sturdy cast iron, and well built.

I put urethane tires on as well as a set of Carter ball bearing guides. I still have much less money in the machine than had I bought a Chinese made Jet/Wilton/Dayton/Grizzly, which are about the only 14" Vertical metal cutting bandsaws on the market.

This could be a nice winter project for someone. The bandsaw needs some work in the gearbox and will probably need new tires, but otherwise seems complete and OK for a 50-60 year old machine. I'm in Central NY - halfway between Rochester and Syracuse near the Thruway. No shipping on this, pick up only.

This was going to be a winter project for me, but I recently bought a 20" Delta Bandsaw and no longer have a use for the Walker Turner.

If you were in Mid Michigan I would have had this thing so fast you wouldn't have known what to think:)

i would be interested in it if still available. i am looking for one of these or a 16" to replace my wellsaw 58b to conserve space( as i use my perkins power hacksaw for cutoff work- just like it better).

Sean

Back