What's new
What's new

Rivett 608 for sale - From Picatinny Arsenal

Tolken4

Plastic
Very late example of Rivett 608PV lathe with full set of 5C collets. Very good condition see images of original scalloping on ways. For more information go to the below Craigslist link. Lathe is located in Saint Louis Missouri. Has working back gear with no missing teeth, has carriage stop, variable speed drive.

Rivett model 68 pv 5c lathe. - tools - by owner - sale

01717_4WlYV9beXsB_600x450.jpg

00808_5oZKsZj5HjM_600x450.jpg

00c0c_6lXPSQc8o62_600x450.jpg

Must have been worked on. How can the V and tailstock ways be pristine and all,while the flat portions are a little beaten up and nicked? I HOPE it was re done right and not just hand polished and flaked.

Sorry if I was off with my pricing, but I was unable to find a pricing guide on rivetts. Several attachments (ball turning and taper)have since sold,I am willing to come down quite a bit on price. Please contact me if interested.

Regarding the various comments/questions.
1. Yes, the pumpkin bucket is included, handle is broken.
2. Can't speak to the ways but I cannot imagine only the sides would be redone.
3. To the gentlemen that had to click to see a price, I sincerely apologize, but you might want to put into perspective. Was it really a task to click? Perhaps you might want to start an exercising regiment and work in some cardio.

2. Can't speak to the ways but I cannot imagine only the sides would be redone.

Where as if you were sitting at your keyboard, it's easy to speak about it! ;) j/k

I think everyone needs to understand that cameras are a strange beast, and often can produce illusions with light. This is especially true of cell phones.

Looking at the pics, there appear to be some nicks and marks on the flats, and the sides looks pretty clean. As always probably best to go look at it in person, or maybe you could take more pics so people can see them from different angles. That is if you are trying to sell your machine! :)

3. To the gentlemen that had to click to see a price, I sincerely apologize, but you might want to put into perspective. Was it really a task to click? Perhaps you might want to start an excising regiment and work in some cardio.

Fiber and grains are good also, keeps people from getting constipated. I've heard it said it keeps you "regular". Everyone on PM probably gets plenty of iron, but always good to work some wood on occasion to keep those grains and fibers in the diet.

Do you think that your pics are a good representation of your machine ? There is only one of them, although there may have been more on your craigslist ad. In that regard, why post at PM if people need to click through to craigslist? Is there a reason that you're special enough that you need to go posting to take people to craigslist because you're too lazy to post pics here? Sure, it's just a click, nobody was saying they needed any exercise.

At the risk of being ridiculed, I will say that you do only have 3 posts on PM. I don't know who you are, since I haven't seen you post anything to PM. And on top of it you want me to click through to a craigslist ad. Any Nigerian Banking inheritance notices? Many of us have seen those types of notices and don't really know those people either...:rolleyes5:

Must have been worked on. How can the V and tailstock ways be pristine and all,while the flat portions are a little beaten up and nicked? I HOPE it was re done right and not just hand polished and flaked.

Doubtful. You an see that some hero flaked the non bearing surfaces of the dovetails for no known reason.

Ok, well now you got me. I had not thought about the concern of hacking that some might feel from a link.

Couple of things.

First, just so you know going forward, you can always mouse over a link to see the real URL if you are concerned someone is masking it.

Second, without even thinking about it, and simply out of habit, i cross posted without duplicating the entire post from craigslist. This is a fairly common practice and not seen as rude in most circles. Its something done out of expedience to prevent the need to duplicate the post in multiple areas.

I admit, I did not give enough thought to the audience I was addressing, which is bad on me.

I will update this post when I get back home tonight to add all information and pictures.

Now back to selling this amazing machine. Who is interested? Shoot me an offer. My wife took part of my garage for an addition and unfortunately this must go.

As stated, I have sold several accessories since originally posting, so I am certainly willing to come down on price.

Regards,
Steve

I have owned 5 of these over the years and the wear on the ways is typical for a 608. This is a nice late model one and looks pretty nice and I'm sure it will make the new owner happy. There are lots of little quirks to these machines, some great design features, and(IMHO) some not so. If I wasn't in the middle of two lathe rebuilds I'd be tempted myself. Too bad the tooling is being sold separately. GLWS!

Back