What's new
What's new

Russian lathes, brand new from Ryazan, Russia

Stankoexport

Plastic
Dear All,
Our machinery-building factory RZPO (Ryzanskiy Zavod Promyshlennogo Oborudovaniya or Ryazan Factory of Industrial Equipment in English) produces brand new conventional and CNC lathes according to USSR time specification, with updated electrics and controls. All the management R&D and majority of workers come from USSR times machinery building giant RSZ (Ryazanskiy Stankostroitelniy Zavod or Ryazan Machinerybuilding Factory).
We produce lathes 16K20, 1M63, 16K40, 1N65, RT117, RT317, RT817, oil country lathe 1N983. Some of these models are well known in Western hemisphere for their sturdy design and high power. Compared to most of competitors on the market these machines have significantly bigger weight and higher drive kilowatts and it says a lot for experienced machinist. These lathes were widely exported by state-owned Stankoimport in Soviet era and probably some of you guys own the machines made in 1960s-1980s.
Due to the recent years depreciation of Russian currency the dollar prices on the machines turned to be (in my opinion) affordable. E.g. a 1M63 (Max. swing over bed: 630mm Max. swing over cross slide: 350mm with 3m distance between centers, weight is 5.7 metric tons and spindle power 18.5kW) is about $40k on FOB St.Petersburg. It is still more expensive than a Chinese machine of same stated capacity, but the reliability is incomparable.
I wonder if Russian lathes of traditional ultra-heavy design might be interesting for USA and Canada customers and how much the American companies are used to import machinery directly from abroad manufacturer. Or maybe I can find here a machinery dealer who would be interested to import the machines from Russia.
Please excuse my imperfect English.
Artur Sharafutdinov
Stankoexport LLC
+7 909 639 93 40
[email protected]

Reviving yet another long dead thread: anyone every buy one of these? Or seen one run?

For some reason, I had this thread saved in my favorites, so I figured I'd revisit it, then delete the link :D

Reviving yet another long dead thread: anyone every buy one of these? Or seen one run?
Not the lathes but our Fearless Leader insisted on buying three Stinko gear shapers as a retrofit project. They are still sitting unsold, and it's been seven, eight years now ?

Not impressive machines. Not at all. And I'm comparing to Chinese.

I know shamrock machinery in Houston was selling ryzan lathes a few years back. I saw one on their floor in maybe 2009 or so, it was big and heavy looking had I think a 14" spindle bore. Don't know anything else other than that.

Back