What's new
What's new

FOR SALE: 10.5” x 28”De Vallière H.130C Toolroom Lathe

sandiapaul

Titanium
$2700.00

Machine located in Central New Jersey near Princeton.

Please read the description at this link for a very detailed good write up on the machine:

http://www.lathes.co.uk/devalliere/

The machine is in fine condition, everything works as it should. Includes a built in lever collet closer and a very nice tailstock quill drive that easily changes from a handwheel to a rack drive. This rack drive makes drilling a pleasure, especially with small drills as you can get a very good feel when drilling. Travel on the quill is a very long 7”. The machine is well tooled and ready to plug in and go to work. Machine has a 2 speed 220 3 phase motor.

Power longitudinal and cross feeds are from one easily engaged lever. The cross slide also has a lever that withdraws the crosslide that is very useful for threading.(Kind of like the HLVH)

I have a large amount of digital info on the machine I can send the buyer. A lot of it is in French. Included are good cross sectional drawings for all parts of the machine.

Machine weighs about 1300lbs so it’s not too difficult to move. Speaking of moving, you must arrange it or do it yourself. Machine is located in a walkout basement, you can drive a trailer up to about 20’ from the door. I can provide SOME assistance, but you should come with friends or hire a rigger. I can give you a name of one.

This would be a very good machine for the home shop. I realize that most everyone will be unfamiliar with this machine. I have used many kinds of lathes in my 35 years of work. I would describe this machine as kind of like a cross between a South Bend and a Hardinge, all the controls feel very nice and operate smoothly, machine runs quietly. Its like a REALLY nice 10K. I am only selling because I got another machine and need the space.

Included with the machine:

6” 3 jaw chuck with in and outside jaws, no makers name but it seems a decent chuck

8” 4 jaw chuck, “China”

Drive plate

5C insert for spindle
4 Morse insert, with 3 Morse inside for spindle
2 Morse 3 dead centers, one has some rust but should clean up fine

0-1/2” LFA brand tailstock chuck
Live center, Skoal brand, very nice and appears nearly new

Aloris AXA toolpost
2 AXA holders, 1 with V groove
1 carbide double end holder
1 knurling holder
3 boring bar holders, 1 missing the locknut and washer
1 Aloris AX8 holder for threading tool(no threading tool and missing a screw)
2 5C collets, 1” Hardinge and 1/8”, China(sorry I'm keeping my collection of 5c's)
Carriage stop

Extra gears, 127t, 3 75t, 1 70t, 1 60t, 1 45t

Some spare parts for the collet closer(came with the machine)

A M32 x 1 metric tap. I bought this to make a new collar that is part of the collet closer. The closer works as is but there is an aluminum collar that I wanted to replace and it has this thread.
IMG_3206.jpgIMG_3207.jpgIMG_3209.jpgIMG_3210.jpgIMG_3211.jpg

Great looking machine. Wish it was closer to me, but someone is going to get a nice machine.

I have a130 but the thru hole on the spindle is only 1" and mine is a International munt Has a Taiwan compound and a logan tailstock I put on it . kind of funny thing is I went to an auction about 2-3 years before I bought this lathe and the tailstock and the collet closer parts where there. Ken

Agreed that tailstock is how it should have been done. I especially like the long throw on it.

I'm curious - is that chain drive noisy? I had an old Rockford lathe with a chain drive and it was loud. That lathe was well used so noise might have been due to wear.

This is exactly the type of lathe I've been looking for. Too bad it's on the wrong coast. I just missed a 10" Boxford VSL the other day. I'll be kicking myself for a long time on that one.

If the seller is willing I’d roll the dice on this and get it shipped to California. Other than the spindle hole this is a more substantial lathe than the Boxford VSL (which is a very good machine, I suspect mine will be in my estate at the end)

Giving this a bump. Machine is still connected to power but no longer leveled. Buyer backed out to "unexpected expenses". It's a nice machine that needs nothing, and tooled up really well. Come give it a try!

Back