What's new
What's new

For Sale Jet 1340 lathe

cowboy

Aluminum
I have a Jet 1340 gearhead , 220v, 1ph, lathe for sale. I bought it new about 3 years ago and it has only about 40 running hours. Picture is available if interested, asking $2700. Located in southern Michigan, pick up only, and I can help load on a trailer.

Attachments

• Jet Lathe1.jpg
    Jet Lathe1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 4,867
Last edited:
Nice looking lathe. I have an older version of it in my home shop. You might want to list any accessories that come with it.
Good luck with the sale.

Ralph

Over 300 views and no questions.
Is the price to high or is this just the wrong forum?
Keith

The older Jets were made in Taiwan, I have a 30 year old one that gets regular use and is trouble free. Your's unfortunately is Chinese and doesn't have the best of reputations. I came in here to vouch for the quality of the Jet, on your's I can't because of where it was made.
And yes your price is too high, home shop quality machine tools in this economy aren't worth 50% of new, even if only 3 years old. Your going to have to get south of $2000 before anyone is interested. No disrespect, just the facts. If a mod sees this listing it probably will get deleted, we don't take kindly to Chinese hobby machines in here.

You haven't done the best effort to sell it.

Model?

Single or three phase?

Spindle bore diameter?

Accessories?

What thread system(s)? Standard? Metric? Modular? Diametral?

Does it require change gears (is it clumsy to thread metric)?

At the least, what's the spindle bore, electrical needs, and model number?

If you find the "Made In ..." tag, and it says Taiwain, you need to tell us about it, otherwise we assume China.

Info

Yes it is China made.
1340 Gear Head
Spindle Bore is 1 3/8
220 volt Single phase
6 inch 3 Jaw, 8 inch 4 Jaw, Face Plate, Stedy rest, follow Rest, Tool holder.
Tool Box with Tools, Gears
Standard and Metric threads,
I have never thraded anything so I do not know how.
Stand is also included.
It comes with every thing you get when you buy a new one from Production Tool Supply, that is where I bought it new.

Attachments

• Jet Lathe2.jpg
    Jet Lathe2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 943
Last edited:
The older Jets were made in Taiwan, I have a 30 year old one that gets regular use and is trouble free. Your's unfortunately is Chinese and doesn't have the best of reputations. I came in here to vouch for the quality of the Jet, on your's I can't because of where it was made.
And yes your price is too high, home shop quality machine tools in this economy aren't worth 50% of new, even if only 3 years old. Your going to have to get south of $2000 before anyone is interested. No disrespect, just the facts. If a mod sees this listing it probably will get deleted, we don't take kindly to Chinese hobby machines in here.

Does the same apply for South Bend lathes also?

The used machinery market in general is just very slow right now, so don't get discouraged too quickly.

People just aren't buying period.

Chris

The used machinery market in general is just very slow right now,

People just aren't buying period.
Not on eBay, but at live auctions they are buying about the same as ever... at least they were up until a month ago....I haven't paid attention to live auctions since mid June.

I have a Jet 1340 gearhead , 220v, 1ph, lathe for sale. I bought it new about 3 years ago and it has only about 40 running hours. Picture is available if interested, asking $2700. Located in southern Michigan, pick up only, and I can help load on a trailer.

WoW! Is that ever clean!

Back