What's new
What's new

For sale - super clean hardinge hlv-h-em (english/metric) toolroom lathe

Just came in. Haven't had an EM in stock in a while and thought there might be some interest on these boards. I promise I'll never do it again.. please, please, please don't ban me... just trying to make a living. :nutter:

Rohner Machinery
2430 Cypress Wy.
Fullerton, CA 92831
714-441-1527

Hardinge HLV-H-EM Toolroom Lathe (English/Metric)

Manufacturer: Hardinge
Model: HLV-H-EM
Year: 1984

Specifications:
Spindle construction Hardinge Ball Bearing
Spindle Nose Hardinge Taper
Swing over bed 11"
Swing over carriage 9"
Distance between centers 18"
Swing over cross slide 6"
Spindle thru hole 1.25"
Variable spindle speeds 125-3000 rpm
Spindle nose Hardinge taper
Compound slide travel 3"
Inch Threading range in gearbox (36) 11-108 TPI
Metric Threading range in gearbox .275 - 2.7mm
Power Feed range 1/4" to 7 ipm
Tailstock spindle diameter 1-3/8"
Tailstock spindle travel 3.75"
Overall dimensions 68"x 30" x 58"H
Machine weight 1700 lbs

Equipped With:
- DUAL GEARBOX FOR PRECISION ENGLISH OR METRIC THREAD CUTTING
- DUAL READING INCH/METRIC DIAL FOR COMPOUND AND TAILSTOCK
- BALL BEARING QUICK ACTING 5C COLLET CLOSER
- DEAD CENTER FOR TAILSTOCK
- DRILL CHUCK FOR TAILSTOCK
- ACCU-RITE 2-AXES DRO
- 5C COLLET CLOSER & ASSORTMENT OF 5C COLLETS
- SELF-CONTAINED COOLANT SYSTEM
- .5 - 1 H.P. TWO-SPEED MAIN DRIVE MOTOR AND ELECTRICAL CONTROLS
- WORKLIGHT

PRICE...................... $20,000

hlvhem2.jpg

Do you plan on participating or just selling?
Participating? As in using the boards for activities other than pluggin' my merch? Absolutely. I found a gentleman on these boards that was knowledgeable regarding a Tiger-5 control for an old Sharnoa I coudn't get up and running and I helped another gentleman by pointing him in the right direction in having his ballscrews rebuilt.

I'd ban him on principle just for not including a price. God I hate POR ads on enthusiast forums, especially with used car salesman jargon - "cream-puff"?!?! "Must see to appreciate"?!?! Bombed creative writing, no doubt. Probably have to go see the manager about your offer as well. GTFO.

(Hows that for an over-caffeinated Smurf?)

Wow! This is exactly the 2nd machine I've posted in the 'wanted & for sale' thread. The only two machines I posted were machines that I picked because I thought they were somewhat rare & sought after by enthusiasts. I certainly didn't post a Bridgeport Series 1 and nor would I. The 1st machine was an Aciera F5 and now this machine. But, regardless... I was unclear that dealers were unwelcome. I will refrain from posting in the future. But the rules do state clearly "And be kind to each other". Does GTFO fall under that category? Sorry my plug on a public forum upset you so much Chaf. Have a great weekend. Btw.. price on the Hardinge is $20,000.

There, there; of course you're not going to be banned for not posting a price. I've debated with the site owner and I think with Mebfab, the moderator, that people who bring items to sell are meeting a need here whether they rack up a big post count or not and the response has been PM is a community first and a market second. He's accused me of being a "blue smurf" for trying to get people to be kinder - thus the parenthetical comment at the end. "Nice" here is a relative term - spend some time here and you'll see what I mean. I will say I really don't care for the sales 101 POR approach or the jargon as I pointed out, but I'm not at all upset. The "GTFO" was generic slang of disbelief, not an imperative command. You have a nice weekend too.

I will refrain from posting in the future.
Why? Your posts are interesting.

But the rules do state clearly "And be kind to each other". Does GTFO fall under that category? Sorry my plug on a public forum upset you so much Chaf. Have a great weekend. Btw.. price on the Hardinge is $20,000.

Isn't $20k rather a lot of money? What makes it worth almost 4x a well tooled caz? https://www.ricardo.ch/kaufen/buero...-drehmaschine-cazeneuve-hb-575/v/an670652600/ Poor CAZ goes bidless? What makes is worth more than a well tooled Schaublin? (This sold very VERY fast.)

drehmaschine-drehbank-schaublin-135.jpg

link -> https://www.ricardo.ch/kaufen/buero...aschine-drehbank-schaublin-135/v/an680368950/

What tooling is included? Are their pictures of the tooling? More pictures at all? Do hlv-h-em lathes really sell for $20K???

Rohner,

Personally I have no problem if you post nice machines like this. As long as the price is included.

Why? Your posts are interesting.

Isn't $20k rather a lot of money? What makes it worth almost 4x a well tooled caz? https://www.ricardo.ch/kaufen/buero...-drehmaschine-cazeneuve-hb-575/v/an670652600/ Poor CAZ goes bidless? What makes is worth more than a well tooled Schaublin? (This sold very VERY fast.)

drehmaschine-drehbank-schaublin-135.jpg

link -> https://www.ricardo.ch/kaufen/buero...aschine-drehbank-schaublin-135/v/an680368950/

What tooling is included? Are their pictures of the tooling? More pictures at all? Do hlv-h-em lathes really sell for $20K???

Yeah. EM's retail between 18-22K depending on condition, tooling, year.. etc. The higher price tag as compared to a standard HLV-H is due to its rarity. Standard HLV-H machines only utilize an Imperial thread gear box, while this machine has dual Inch/Metric. Out of fear of upsetting an already over-caffinated Blue Smurf.. I won't want to use the work "cream-puff", so I'll use another "used car salesman" term... cherry. And.. she really is. We purchased from the original owner. Original paint, DRO, faceplace, 4-jaw, 5C's, Live & dead centers, Drill chuck and something I haven't seen in years. An indexing turret attachment that replaces the top slide and essentially turns the machine into an HC Chucker. Kinda cool. Not sure what the EM's went for new, but a standard HLV-H last time I checked is $45,000 from the factory. Will post additional pics asap.

and something I haven't seen in years. An indexing turret attachment that replaces the top slide and essentially turns the machine into an HC Chucker. Kinda cool.
Well, sort of.....but not really...apparently you've never actually used an HC Chucker to make parts with. I had one of those Hardinge four position indexing turrets for the HLV-H years ago, appeared brand spankin new...and nobody wanted it...ended up trading it for something. The Hardinge looks nice though and your price is fair for what it is, assuming what it is, is what it is ;) Kinda odd looking skid...

I regret not buying that Robodrill you guys had a year or two back....

Well, sort of.....but not really...apparently you've never actually used an HC Chucker to make parts with. I had one of those Hardinge four position indexing turrets for the HLV-H years ago, appeared brand spankin new...and nobody wanted it...ended up trading it for something. The Hardinge looks nice though and your price is fair for what it is, assuming what it is, is what it is ;) Kinda odd looking skid...

I regret not buying that Robodrill you guys had a year or two back....

Funny...I still get calls on that Robodrill to this day. You're correct... its more of a 4-way indexing toolpost. Never seen one. Model L6-B. Here it is.

1814.jpg

Funny...I still get calls on that Robodrill to this day. You're correct... its more of a 4-way indexing toolpost. Never seen one. Model L6-B. Here it is.
You probably get calls on the Robodrill because your video for it is still on Youtube. The appealing thing about that particular model to me was it was made the first year of the "i" control so it was old enough to not be super valuable from a year standpoint, but had the same control as much newer Robodrills.

My dream Robodrill would be the narrow "phonebooth" model but maddenly I have *never* seen one for sale in the used market...not one single one! There was one coming up for auction a couple years ago in PA but damned if the owner didn't withdraw it from the sale at the last moment. Subsequent calls after the auction to buy it went unheeded....he just decided he had to keep it.

Re the Hardinge turret, yep, same one I had. Cost a fortune new but nobody seems to care.

Back