What's new
What's new

Selling my small CNC shop in central Florida

Kris P

Hot Rolled
Hello all, I've started the process of unloading my shop in Melbourne, FL. I ran it for a number of years, full time/part time but after working a while doing engineering at an aerospace company the writing is on the wall I'm not coming back to the shop. I haven't machined much of anything in volume for a year now, so it's time to move on.

This thread is a bit of a feeler to see if there is any interest in the shop as a whole before I part all the equipment out. I'm not really big enough for an auction, so I'm trying to sort through what my best plan of attack is. Just in case someone wants to retire to sunny warm central Florida and start making parts in short order.

I've just started trying to get prices together using ebay completed listings, and talking to a local machinery dealer to see where pricing is best.

I'm sure I'll get some wtf where are prices? That's okay I understand, but if I don't start the process I'll never finish it. Mods, if I need to blow away this post let me know.

Equipment list:
Lagun manual mill
Monarch 10EE
Okomato surface grinder
Wilton vertical bandsaw
MSC small horizontal saw

CNC equipment:
Fadal 4020. 1999 boxway machine, 20 station umbrella tool changer, Fadal 88HS control

Kent USA JM450 CNC mill, 2003, 17"x11"x15" travels 6000 rpm spindle, Anilam 6000M control

SMG TC15 CNC late, 8" chuck, 4k? rpm spindle (not sure on travels at the moment) Fanuc control, tailstock

Inspection equipment:
Brown and Sharpe CMM, older manual machine, last I remember the encoders maybe needed tuned?
Small optical comparator
Cadillac Height gage
Pin gages, ring gages,

Assorted tooling for each machine, no massive amounts of anything, but what's needed to run a productive small shop.

On the pictures, nothing is really that clean, probably but not the best presentation, but just took a few pictures while on lunch break last week.

You can email me at [email protected]. Bear with me as I can't respond right away always. I'll break up the equipment eventually if I can't sell as a unit. But I've got to work through the numbers before I do. Feel free to post comments in this thread, good or bad and I'll try to answer any questions. Thanks....Kris

Error | Photobucket target="_blank">
DSC01962.jpg
</a> <a href="Error | Photobucket target="_blank">
DSC01965.jpg
DSC01966.jpg
DSC01967.jpg
</a> <a href="http://s215.photobucket.com/user/vwbillet/media/machines/DSC01964.jpg.html" target="_blank">
DSC01964.jpg
</a>"]http://[/URL]

I realize this is in the beginning stages but if you do decide to part it out I'd be interested in what your asking for the Monarch 10EE? Thank You.

Brent

I've gotten quite a few requests for the Fadal and Monarch, not much interest in the CNC Lathe or small mill. I'll update with prices if I decide to part it out.

I've gotten quite a few requests for the Fadal and Monarch, not much interest in the CNC Lathe or small mill. I'll update with prices if I decide to part it out.

I'm going to go ahead and throw this out there... You really shouldn't waste any more time trying to sell as a package. Someone trying to start up a new machine shop probably isn't going to have the funds to buy all that stuff, unless they take out a loan, in which case they should just buy new. And existing machine shops won't need the bundle. It didn't sound to me like you were trying to sell the business, just the equipment, so there's no value there either. You'll get more money selling each piece individually as well. I understand you're not retiring, so time is probably limited to meet dozens of prospective buyers and tire kickers, but in my opinion, it is a complete waste of time trying to sell everything as a package unless the price is so good, someone could buy it all and re-sell for twice what you sold it to them for.

You already have several prospective buyers on some of your equipment, go ahead and take advantage of that!

OK, I've been super busy and traveling a lot lately, but I need to sell this equimpment. Photobucket effed me and my photos. I'll try and rehost them somewhere else and fix this thread.
Anyways for prices:
Fadal 4020 $15k
Monarch 10EE 2k
SMG CNC lathe 8.5k includes ATS 3J dead length collet closer
Lagun FTV-2 manual mill $2.5k
Kent JM-450 CNC mill $10k
I've got 4 or 5 Kurt double 4" vises, a couple SPI CNC vises, a small optical comparator, lots of inspection ring and plug and thread gages etc....That will probably be stuff I sell at the end after the equipment is gone unless someone wants to make a deal on the lot. Please email me at [email protected] and I'll get back to you with a phone number to talk. Thanks....Kris

OK, I've been super busy and traveling a lot lately, but I need to sell this equimpment. Photobucket effed me and my photos. I'll try and rehost them somewhere else and fix this thread.
Anyways for prices:
Fadal 4020 $15k
Monarch 10EE 2k
I've got 4 or 5 Kurt double 4" vises, a couple SPI CNC vises, a small optical comparator, lots of inspection ring and plug and thread gages etc....That will probably be stuff I sell at the end after the equipment is gone unless someone wants to make a deal on the lot. Please email me at [email protected] and I'll get back to you with a phone number to talk. Thanks....Kris

Yep...Photobucket is setting themselves up for disappearing with their ransom tactics of wanting 400.00 to show one's pics on third party websites.

Anyways for prices:
Fadal 4020 $15k
Monarch 10EE 2k

You can host them here, just open an album and upload the pics. View the pic and opy and paste the bottom line of code into the post and job done, plus they are here forever :)

Grrr, on my phone and can't edit the post with the pictures to try and break the Photobucket 3rd party link. I can't even download my album from Photobucket.

Manual mill, monarch lathe, and surface grinder sold. I'll try and upload the pictures to the site. I haven't gotten imgur links to work right yet for pictures.

Back