What's new
What's new

South bend 9" lathe and accessories for sale Philadelphia PA

badwithusernames

Aluminum
Here is my south bend 9" that I have listed on the local craigslist.
South bend 9" lathe and tooling - tools - by owner - sale
It works and is fine for the guy that needs a lathe for the occasional repair, but really it needs some TLC to be it's best. Pics and whatnot are in the ad. I have a forklift to load, or I can even deliver for the right deal. I will sell the lathe without the accessories, but not the other way around. Make an offer, I threw 2k on the ad as it's craigslist and everyone wants to beat you down..
Will trade towards a vertical mill, or 1 3/8"-16 four jaw chuck for a SB 16
thanks for looking, Seth
[email protected]

Bump. Here's the ad copied:
Old south bend 9" on a wooden cabinet. I have had it for a while, and intended to rebuild it but bought a larger lathe instead. Works ok, needs some TLC. Single phase. Back gears and threading gearbox are good. Ways have some wear but no bad chips.
Comes with: full collet set and rack, 3 and 4 jaw chucks, spindle mount drill chuck, faceplates, dog drive plate, mill vice attachment for cross slide, steady and follow rest, assortment of live/ dead centers, turret attachment for tailstock, chuck for tailstock, old tooling, etc. Gearbox reverse lever is shot but I have a nice one with perfect gears included.
Also, full rebuild and tune up manual, with all new felts and seals.
I can load your truck or trailer, or lets discuss delivery if you need.

I've found more tooling than I realized I had to go with the lathe. There are several live and dead centers, two 5/8 Jacobs chucks for the MT2 tailstock, a small MT2 turret for the tailstock with an index of bit holders, several left/straight/right/threading tool holders, threading dial, MT2 boring head/ knurling tool, and more.
I'll upload some pics here this eve, make me an offer.
SD

Back