What's new
What's new

WTB Burke "Millrite" milling machine

jockofthelowveld

Hot Rolled
Want to buy Burke "Millrite" with R-8 spindle, power table feed and power knee feed. The horizontal milling option for the Millrite is desired, but not necessary. Will consider other similar milling machines with these options above and sized about the same as the Millrite. Only have room in my small shop for a milling machine about 2/3 or less size of smallest Bridgeport. You can contact me at: lowveld at hughes dot net, or send me a PM via this BBS. I am located in mid South Carolina and will want to have the machine shipped to me if I buy it; and I wish to make a personal visit/inspection of the machine at the sellers shop prior to purchase--view and operate the machine under power.

Kindest Regards;
Steve

Last edited:
Now let me get this strait: I put my mill on my trailer, drive it 600 miles to South Carolina, let you check it out and possibly buy it? Hummm...............
I have what you want but it's not worth taking the chance, even if you supply the extension cord.
millrite.jpg

BigEarl

O what lack of proper grammar, bad wording and lack of proper punctuation will do to the meaning of a sentence.

I want to come an run the mill wherever ever it is, and if I buy it I want it shipped to me in South Carolina.

What is the condition of your Millrite?

Seve,

You're on the right track ... you're going to love having a Millrite!

Seems like most of them were built with a B&S #9 spindle taper, but I understand they can be reground to "something else" for about $250 by Wells-Index. I was lucky, my Millrite came with a very robust NMTB30 spindle.

Be sure to join the Burke group on Yahoo Groups!

.. Gregg

Back