What's new
What's new

WTB lathe in/around Montana

Bikebuilder, you missed helluva deal about 2 months ago here in Kalispell. 2 Holbrooks in exc shape, a 13 & a 16" one for 650.00, one for 750.00. Made me cry, I only had 500 to spend at the auction :(
I dont know of any others for sale that are worth dragging home. theres a small one (10k?) out west of town thats been sitting in the weather so long nothing will move anymore and he wants a bunch for it.

mtmiser, ok new guy, where ya at? Us Montanan's got to stick together. :D
Jim

I have a 9A South Bend that I bought to use while in Denver. I will be done with it in three weeks and can deliver as far as Miles City on my way home. $1250 delivered, email if interested
Bob

Enginebuilder- I'm in the Lewis & Clark-- Powell
Co area. Helena north in the winter, Blackfoot
River in the summer.

Not a lot in the way of machine tools to choose
from here. Summit Design just bought a new
5 or 6 axis mill. But you do see some
come along every now and again, missed a SB
shaper in Belgrade this spring. Sold
the day the ad came out. Dan

Hey mtmiser, thanks. I've seen both of those. The Rockwell's been for sale for a long time now.Not sure it's the machine I want for that kind of money.

-Mike

Still looking for something I can pick up or have delivered for cheap shipping.......Idaho, Washington, Wyoming, Montana, lower W. Canada.. ect.

BB

You might try "Brent by Portland" he buys and sales lathes from time to time.
And there use to be a guy(Phil in Mt) that posted here, but hasn't for some time, that ran a machine shop in Missoula that had used lathes from time to time.

Hal

In the latest MiniNickel--no connection
with seller ect..

Laghes, Rockwell 14X30 $2650/ Leblond 20x60 $7500/ American 16x30 $12,500/ Chucks, tool post, cutters, misc machine shop stuff, 406-763-4550.

Dan

I ended up buying my lathe off ebay from a dealer in MN and the shipping/crating was $250.
Paid more than most on this board would have to
but thats life. That little SB has paid for itself several times over. When I upgrade I'll
likely repeat the process--ebay is great when you live in a remote area. Life is too short,
just decide what you want and go for it. Dan

Hey mtmiser, who'd did freight for $250?

I've got a couple 'dream machnines' that I'm thinking about 'just going for it' on. $700 freight though... obviously sight unseen, and possibility of freight damage. Working up the courage.. and money.
Just going through the motions of making sure there's not one down the block from me. I haven't found any as close as Minn yet Who is the dealer?

bb

The dealer got the rate. It was
a number of years ago when fuel was much cheaper
but it was half or better than any other quote.
It did take a couple of weeks waiting to get it on a truck.

The dealer is mrmachineryinc.com , Tom Nims. I am happy with my transaction.

His current inventory
has a few interesting machines to look at.

Not sure where you are but I think there's dealer in Spokane.

Good luck
Dan

Back